Aaxa M1 Micro Projector and UVTools Help.. Vista Issues?

JNgu

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
I bought this Aaxa M1 micro projector with the intention of coupling it up with Netflix and using a dual monitor set up to play movies with friends as I don't have a TV. I figure that its portable enough to bring around to dorm rooms, outside, adventures, etc.

There are two models at this caliber that Aaxa offers but being as I'm cheap, I went with the one without a VGA port after reading that they have a USB program that can dual monitor out. It was $300 and pretty small (portable). I pulled the trigger but I do have an issue.

When I run UVTool, either vista or my graphics card (or my all around beat up computer) doesn't like running the USB dual monitor output. Does anyone have another program I can try out that might work better than UV Tool? I'm running vista and an nvidia card. I'm on an HP Presario V6000au. I did talk to Aaxa and they did place a "use at your own risk" warning on the site, but I figured that I was tech savvy enough to do it the right way. I'm not having any problems with the projector or my computer, just compatibility issues.

I'm pretty stoked on the set up otherwise. The micro projector shoots 66-lumens which is the best one in the micro category. The next category up is over double in size, only produces 100-lumens, and is doubled the price. The other ones also don't have the capability to run on battery pack which is another reason why I opted to go with the M1.

The bonus to it is that it has built in memory so I can store downloaded movies on to it and this is working for now while I have the problem with dual monitor. The USB transfer works pretty well and quickly and puts a 450mb chunk of movie over on to projector in about 5 or so minutes. My only problem so far is getting the USB dual monitor to work. Again, if anyone has found a solution, please share!!!!!

Got it here: Aaxa M1 Micro Projector

4244556657_c1808ed976.jpg

4245332002_63dff64a85.jpg

4245291680_4d974d1fd9.jpg

4245302130_2b112bc3ca.jpg

JNgu

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
didn't want to start a new thread but I think HP just gave m an idea....

http://micro-projector.com/2010/01/hp-to-be-releasing-pico-projector-integrated-laptops/

I might just stick this thing on an old PC tower and have a dedicated computer/player.

sugadaddie

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
I know this is a super old post ... i was searching for some reviews on the M1-x and came across this... I can't find any reviews of the M1-x (probably cause it is so new... haha!) well if it performs as good as the original m1 ill be a happy man!

i just picked it up off of aaxa M1 -x

Blackfire101

Distinguished
May 24, 2011

Hopefully you used coupon code MEMD2011TB to get free shipping and free cable of choice.