Sign in with
Your question

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last response: in CPUs
March 21, 2003 3:51:22 PM

I washaving several issues with my computer. One annoying issue was that after rebooting and sometimes afterwards my computer would suddenly get really slow and the hard drive light would constantly be on. I'm thinking maybe the hard drive is going. I also had issues with video editing and it freezing up and crashing.

well i got a new power supply like this guy suggested. I thought i got a 430 watt enermax power supply as it said on neweggs site but it's a 460watt PSU from Enermax.

So far it fixed the hard drive problem! I'm confident the new power supply will fix many other problems i had too.

My system seems to be flowing so smooth! It's amazing.

oh and btw what i had before was a and i quote "Antec Model No.:412X 400w Switching Power Supply". It wasn't even a smart power or the true power. This must be something older then that!

so ya thanks for the advice. Now if only you guys can help me with my nero problem!!!

How do i burn a full 4GB dvd-video!!!?

ok thanks!

Life is irrelivent and irrational.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

More about : question

a b à CPUs
March 21, 2003 10:34:44 PM

Antec's basic power supplies suck, you need a True Power just to get a half-way decent one.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
Related resources
March 22, 2003 1:48:26 AM

As for your second question, try posting in the DVD forum. I suggest you encode it in DivX and burn it onto a regular CD (not SVCD format, just as an AVI file. It won't run in a DVD player, but will work on your computer). If you have a DVD burner, I can't help you there.

You DO know that copying movies is illegal in most countries.....

XP 2500+ Barton
A7N8X Dlx
2x512MB Corsair PC3200
ATI 9700 Pro
16x DVD-ROM
2x80GB 7200RPM Maxtor
Onboard audio
March 22, 2003 2:50:39 AM

wtf? I can copy my own movies i make any time i fricken feel like it! The government doesn't own anything i do or make. If your referring to copying movies your making an assumption and i wish people would stop doing that. I never once said i was copying movies!!!!!

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>
March 22, 2003 3:19:01 AM

Woah.... look at this little guy. Has his panties in a knot. I was just making a statement. You could have taken it for what it was worth, but now you had to make it personal. You asked how to copy 4gb movies. And I replied with the best possible solution with the negligible information you gave. Now you turn on me. Sheesh. Last time I offer any advice to you.

XP 2500+ Barton
A7N8X Dlx
2x512MB Corsair PC3200
ATI 9700 Pro
16x DVD-ROM
2x80GB 7200RPM Maxtor
Onboard audio
March 22, 2003 1:03:34 PM

what? no i'm debunking what you said for myself so i don't get arrested because you stupidily and falsly accused me of making illegal copies of movies. I have not and wil not making any copies. You assumed and thats wrong. These are my movies that either recorded, edited, or filmed with actors and what not and want to try it out on a dvd player to discover how it works and what works.

understand? You falsly accuse me of something, I debunked what you said so i don't get arrested, and then you get all defensive because your assuming i'm attacking you. I am takign what you said and say "hey wait a minute, i never said that."

ok? so calm down i'm just taking what you said and say what you said was untrue.

March 22, 2003 3:19:38 PM

Fair enough.

Go to the video editing forum and get your answer. They know more than we do here.

XP 2500+ Barton
A7N8X Dlx
2x512MB Corsair PC3200
ATI 9700 Pro
16x DVD-ROM
2x80GB 7200RPM Maxtor
Onboard audio
March 22, 2003 3:47:58 PM

Your Welcome sk9er......u took MY advice, i was the one who told u that i bet its the PSU......i gave reference to 2 other systems i built 4 ppl. with that PSU that had similar issues.....

Hope ur enjoying what ur system SHOULD have ran like in the first place...

BTW i bet u that u can OC ur CPU now with less stability problems, remember u were sayign b4 u had it OC'd than it stopped beign stbale ETC....try OC again...

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>
March 22, 2003 7:58:38 PM

:)  .. ya good point! if i can overclock that would give my computer another few months before i go nuts how slow it is! well with respect to video editing.

I knew it was you btw. Just actually forget the screen name heheh!

I finally fixed my dvd problem too. Pinnical Studio 8 lets you burn directly to disk and i did that after i did my editing and it worked! jsyk

alright i'm gonna try overclocking again.

!