Sign in with
Your question

Video performance has degraded

Last response: in Windows 7
October 20, 2012 3:15:49 AM

I keep gettng an error message in a small window that pops up on the desktop peridically saying "Video performance has degraded" with "Visual Performance" on its header bar. Yet, I do not see or notice any degradation. What does this mean? How can I solve it?

Thanks
a b $ Windows 7
October 20, 2012 5:03:06 PM

What do you have for Windows version and what do you have for a video card, motherboard and cpu?
Have you tried updating the driver for the video card?
m
l
October 20, 2012 7:57:26 PM

inzone said:
What do you have for Windows version and what do you have for a video card, motherboard and cpu?
Have you tried updating the driver for the video card?

Windows 7 Home Pemium 64 bit

Video Card: Integrated 1600MB IntelĀ® HD 3000 &
512MB AMD RadeonTM HD6470M

Motherboard: Dell Laptop?

CPU: IntelĀ® CoreTM i3 2310M (2.1GHz/3MB cache)

I think the problem started with updating the video card, BIOs, etc.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 20, 2012 10:51:08 PM

It may have something to do with the fact that you have a Radeon 6470m and the Intel HD 3000 , did you have them connected in hybrid crossfire? When you upgraded the video card drivers you took them out of any crossfire setup which is what happens when you load new drivers. If they were connected together before then that couldbe why your getting those messages since you would lose video performance if it now is a single device that is giving you video.
m
l
October 28, 2012 1:31:16 PM

inzone said:
It may have something to do with the fact that you have a Radeon 6470m and the Intel HD 3000 , did you have them connected in hybrid crossfire? When you upgraded the video card drivers you took them out of any crossfire setup which is what happens when you load new drivers. If they were connected together before then that couldbe why your getting those messages since you would lose video performance if it now is a single device that is giving you video.

I appreciate the explnation, but how do I fix it?
m
l
November 4, 2012 12:52:08 PM

Can anyone help? What is the solution?
m
l
!