XP Registry - on a Crashed Hard Drive - Office 2003 Keys

I have a PC that the hard drive crashed. I can access the data with a
recovery program, so I can recorver the files. Well so far.

Here is the problem. I have about 50 licenses for Office 2003. I have
no way to tell (without the machine running) on which keys the suite
ran on. Is there any program that reads the registry off of another
Hard drive in order to match the keys?

It would be nice if I didn't have to change 50+ sets of keys to find
out.

If anyone has any ideas on how to attempt this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Walt

You could run Belarc on the other ones and see what was used.

walt750@yahoo.com wrote:

> I have a PC that the hard drive crashed. I can access the data with a
> recovery program, so I can recorver the files. Well so far.
>
> Here is the problem. I have about 50 licenses for Office 2003. I have
> no way to tell (without the machine running) on which keys the suite
> ran on. Is there any program that reads the registry off of another
> Hard drive in order to match the keys?
>
> It would be nice if I didn't have to change 50+ sets of keys to find
> out.
>
> If anyone has any ideas on how to attempt this, please let me know.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Walt

You should have been using a Volume Licence version of Office 2003. This
type of licence is used when you have a large number of PCs to set up with
the same software and at the same site. It is just normally ONE key, which
would control the 50+ installs.

<walt750@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a PC that the hard drive crashed. I can access the data with a
> recovery program, so I can recorver the files. Well so far.
>
> Here is the problem. I have about 50 licenses for Office 2003. I have
> no way to tell (without the machine running) on which keys the suite
> ran on. Is there any program that reads the registry off of another
> Hard drive in order to match the keys?
>
> It would be nice if I didn't have to change 50+ sets of keys to find
> out.
>
> If anyone has any ideas on how to attempt this, please let me know.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Walt

Well yes.... I priced a VL before. Since we are small and not buying
1000's of copies, it was at best a wash. More often it was cheaper just
to get the OEM version with a new machine. But that's the would of,
could of, should of... syndrome.