How to connect to internet using wifi from mobile phone?

Warren Moncrief

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
I have a standard Verizon phone with Internet capabilities. It says nothing about wi-fy. Is there a device available that will enable me to use Wi-Fy connections with my phone, - assuming I have the password.

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Enabling wi-fi is different for each mobile device. Look into the manual or the Settings menu or connections menu, etc..

First of all, check your wireless modem security. This security should also be compatible with your mobile device. WPA or WPA2 or WEP. Determine the SSID of your modem.

When you want to make the connection after enabling the wi-fi capability of your mobile device, choose the correct SSID and click connect. Then you will need to enter the password. Make sure remember the password is checked in the mobile device.

Vibhu Nagori

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Check whether your mobile has a wifi or not in the connections menu. If wifi exist there then you can easily connect it with your computer. I am not so sure about wifi devices so cant say anything.

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
If you intend to connect to internet using your phone, then you do not need wi-fi capability. You need an account with a mobile service provider. Wi-fi or wireless is needed only when you want to connect to a wireless modem nearby such as the ones at public places or shopping malls.

kananllari

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013