Tech: Xenon inner chase lights

Hi there,

Working on my Xenon and am having issues with the chase lights on the inner
circle not flashing in the proper sequence all the time. Actually the flash
properly for about 7-8 seconds then do what they want for 7-8 seconds. The
time varies, but that is what it does a lot of the time. Doesn't seem to
matter in game or attract. I can only assume whatever chip that controls
these lights is going haywire? The perimeter chase lights and inner small
circle function without a problem. Any one see this issue?

-spazzman

oliver

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2003

"j s" <spazzman90@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Hi there,
>
> Working on my Xenon and am having issues with the chase lights on the
> inner circle not flashing in the proper sequence all the time.
> Actually the flash properly for about 7-8 seconds then do what they
> want for 7-8 seconds. The time varies, but that is what it does a lot
> of the time. Doesn't seem to matter in game or attract. I can only
> assume whatever chip that controls these lights is going haywire? The
> perimeter chase lights and inner small circle function without a
> problem. Any one see this issue?
>
> -spazzman

Hi,
From the schemas these lights are driven by the aux lamp driver.
I would do the following:
Swap u10 and U11 on the mpu board (it could be a problem related to the
6821/6720)
Check the connectors from the aux lamp driver.
Greetings Oliver

My collection: Fa*thom (new rulesheet), E*BD (new rulesheet),
Har*lem (7 Digit), Xen*on, Emb*ryon (new rulesheet), Star*T*rek,
Vec*tor (new rulesheet), Ma*ta*Hari(new rulesheet), Fire*power (7 Digit)
and Alien*P*oker (multiball)...

My homepage: http://www.pinball4you.ch

Mail to: okaegi at freesurf dot ch