Sign in with
Your question

Composite output to RCA audio

Last response: in Home Audio
June 23, 2010 12:56:23 AM

Hi,

I have just aquired a new TV that does not have a separate RCA (red/white) audio output. I does have Composite (red/blue/green) output.

My stereo system only has RCA audio input.

How can I send the audio from the TV to the stereo system?

Thanks

David
June 23, 2010 1:48:04 AM

rynd2it said:
Hi,

I have just aquired a new TV that does not have a separate RCA (red/white) audio output. I does have Composite (red/blue/green) output.

My stereo system only has RCA audio input.

How can I send the audio from the TV to the stereo system?

Thanks

David

Hi David, red/blue/green is component video. There isn't any audio signal in component video.

Your TV might have HDMI which has video and audio but I'm assuming that your stereo doesn't have HDMI.

Their might be a solution but we would have to know the specs of the TV, what you are trying to do and if you are using a cable box and or DVR with the correct hookups. For example, your cable box that has RCA red/white outs, then into the stereo.

the Prisoner
m
l
June 23, 2010 3:39:33 AM

If it doesn't have RCA output then it might have digital coaxial (a single RCA port) or digital optical (toslink). If neither are present then you are SOL.
m
l
Related resources
June 23, 2010 4:58:31 PM

Here's the TV specs:
http://www.world-import.com/Sony_KDL-32V5500_Multi_Syst...

HDMI input X 4
PC Input x 1
Component X 2 (Y/Pb/Pr ) Input(s): 1 (Rear) 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i
Audio In x 2
USB Input X 1
S Video In X 1
Composite In x 2
Composite Out x 1
Headphone Out x 1
RF Connection Input - For PAL only

I'm confused

Thanks

David
m
l
June 30, 2010 12:25:16 AM

Well the problem is academic as the TV does have RCA audio out and it works just great. In fact as all output from the TV (DVD, DVD recorder, HD Cable Box, even the old VHS) now goes through the stereo, I can control volume and mute on the receiver with the new TV remote :D 

This is a great TV for anyone needing a multi-system

Thanks for the replies guys, all added to my education

Cheers

David
m
l
!