How can i remove traces of songs i downloaded from my computer?

sskeleton10

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
i use a youtube to mp3 convertor to download songs on my pc.i use google chrome. the thing is, my dad also uses the computer im using and i knoe he will get pissed if he found out i was downloading music. i deleted them from downloadsin google and downloads folder. i deleted them form recycling bin.

however when i go to my computer and go to local disc c and type in song name, i see a remain of the song.i cant delete because it says the file cant be opened im afraid my dad will see these remains. how can i delete remains of the songs.

c0rrupts3ct0r

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
take the hard drive out, put about 30 bullet holes in it, set it on fire with thermite, take the platters out, grind them into pieces with a HDD grinder, distribute them into a river, and when he asks wtf happened, play dumb.

c0rrupts3ct0r

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011

that works too, but my answer is funny. But seriously, You can get in a LOT of trouble if you get caught. I mean going to prison trouble. lol they will sue your pants off and take whatever you have and make your life hell.. A good program to wipe the computer is Dariks Boot n Nuke, (it does government wipes and all) they will never get the data after that.

netwalker0099

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
To remove all search history requires a registry edit. This is a dangerous thing to do if you don't know what you are doing.

Click Start->Type regedit in the search box and hit enter.

Navigate to the registry entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\WordWheelQuery

Delete the WordWheelQuery Folder.

Alternatively if you just want to delete a few entries you can open the pre-typed text as pictured and just highlight the entry you want to delete and hit the DEL key.

w2dgQ.jpg

The image shown is from Win2k8 r2 but it should be the same on Win7.