Cliffy protectors for JP

Grumpy

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001

Cliffy,
Based on a few threads on this RGP you might be offering them as soon
as you get the templates. I'll be happy to help you out, working on
JP, could use the protectors. Tried emailing directly, didn't hear
from you. Let me know how if I could help you get going, I am sure
it'll make all JP owners happy.

I already sent him the templates over a month ago. It looks like he's
been painting his Pinbot instead of working on the protectors!

Take your time, Cliffy. We'll all be here when your ready.

Gerry Manis

I'd take a set as soon as they're available! Last time I heard, Cliffy
needed some help (and measurements) from someone with a very nice JP
playfield. If anyone out there can help with this, let yourself be
known. My summertime project is a JP that has seen better days. It
was on location at Chuck E Cheese, and surprise, the scoop holes are
blown out.
Brian

Alex I have templates but I'm having a difficult time finding a way to
mount them. No posts near the holes! :(

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

among other things :) Hang tight guys, I'll figure something out :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com

Grumpy

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001

Any of you tried the other protectors that go directly into the hole,
but don't cover existing damage? I am somewhat skeptical, not to
mention I would have to fix damage that is already done. For me it is
a lot easier to fix electronics than mess around with the playfield.

BrianAce wrote:
> I'd take a set as soon as they're available! Last time I heard, Cliffy
> needed some help (and measurements) from someone with a very nice JP
> playfield. If anyone out there can help with this, let yourself be
> known. My summertime project is a JP that has seen better days. It
> was on location at Chuck E Cheese, and surprise, the scoop holes are
> blown out.
> Brian

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I would buy a set of these as soon as they are available also.

grumpy wrote:
> Any of you tried the other protectors that go directly into the hole,
> but don't cover existing damage? I am somewhat skeptical, not to
> mention I would have to fix damage that is already done. For me it is
> a lot easier to fix electronics than mess around with the playfield.
>
> BrianAce wrote:
> > I'd take a set as soon as they're available! Last time I heard, Cliffy
> > needed some help (and measurements) from someone with a very nice JP
> > playfield. If anyone out there can help with this, let yourself be
> > known. My summertime project is a JP that has seen better days. It
> > was on location at Chuck E Cheese, and surprise, the scoop holes are
> > blown out.
> > Brian

What? I thought all games from Chuck E Cheese were destroyed when they
were no longer viewed as having value? There are some RGP threads that
discuss that...

Glad to hear something dispel that rumor!

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

BrianAce wrote:
> I'd take a set as soon as they're available! Last time I heard, Cliffy
> needed some help (and measurements) from someone with a very nice JP
> playfield. If anyone out there can help with this, let yourself be
> known. My summertime project is a JP that has seen better days. It
> was on location at Chuck E Cheese, and surprise, the scoop holes are
> blown out.
> Brian

John
I heard the same thing about old Chuck E Cheese equipment also.
I bought my JP from a guy that was an assistant manager at CEC. In
fact, I played the game there a few years ago. Well, the story is,
after who knows how many plays with no maintenance, something broke.
Nobody in Chuck E's entire organization knew where or how to obtain
parts, or how to fix the damn thing evidently. They moved it to a back
room, and after several months of inactivity, the manager told him to
just take it home. It's still not fixed, but he made money off the
endeavor, and I got a project JP cheap. So we're all happy.
Brian

I have a Bram Stoker's Dracula playfield I could lend if it would get
us a Mystery hole protector :) :)

Yep, JP's really need this. I tried doing a repair using epoxy putty,
and it's not lasting at all!

grumpy wrote:
> Cliffy,
> Based on a few threads on this RGP you might be offering them as soon
> as you get the templates. I'll be happy to help you out, working on
> JP, could use the protectors. Tried emailing directly, didn't hear
> from you. Let me know how if I could help you get going, I am sure
> it'll make all JP owners happy.

graham

Cliffy wrote:
> Alex I have templates but I'm having a difficult time finding a way to
> mount them. No posts near the holes! :(

Any chance that the JP protectors will also fit a Last Action Hero
(very similar in size / position).

Cheers
Graham

pc

Guilty, as charged -> I'm the one with the 'minty' JP about 30 minutes
from Cliffy's place that is being used to make some protectors. I'm on
version 4 of the JP protector prototypes for Cliffy's evaluation - these
are a little tricky. It's not just measurement - I actually make up a
complete template with mounting holes and all. It's high on both our
ToDo lists, but we've both been a bit busy with some family medical
issues (his dad; my daughter).

Regards, Pinball_Cowboy

Cliffy <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in news:-sWdndcN0vBToyHfRVn-
2w@comcast.com:

> Alex I have templates but I'm having a difficult time finding a way to
> mount them. No posts near the holes! :(

I haven't seen what you are working with, but maybe you could have a
couple tabs that are thin enough that they get folded over against the
bottom of the playfield once it is inserted in the hole.

Bill

P.S. Have you had any requests for the "pits" on Corvette?

Not guilty at all John, I know your situation :) Just take care of what
really matters, buddy :)