Windows NT 4 serious problem after critical update and pow..

Hello,

I have got a serious problem. After downloading critical update for my
Windows NT Workstation 4 SP6a there was a power loss during installation
of these files. The result is that at startup I get a blue screen saying
something about "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ... base at 8010000 ntoskrnl.exe
...." and on the list there is a lot of ntfs.sys repeated (I am sorry, but
I don't have exact information about this blue screen.

My question is which way should I recover the system?
Let's sum up:
1. I cannot start Windows NT.
2. The system is on NTFS partition.
3. I have got: I386 folder and sp6a.exe on FAT partition.
4. The ERD disks where not created (I have ones downloaded from the net
but I guess they should be updated before I can use them).
5. There is a very important program installed on the system (it controls
the special machine which makes doors, windows etc.) and I wouldn't like
to lose any information about it.
6. There is no CD-ROM drive, only FDD.
7. At startup there is a special menu which allows system to run in
specific modes like Machine Mode (Windows NT + Machine program only), Dos
Mode, Normal Windows NT Mode and others. - I would like to preserve it.

I would really love to hear any sugestions from you. Thank you for your
kind help.

PS. I am sorry for posting this information here but I believe it is the
best group to receive a very quick answer... Thank you in advance.

--
Regards,

Maciek

I suppose you have tried 'last known good configuration'?

--
A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!

Dnia Thu, 11 Aug 2005 04:44:43 +0200, NotMe <cargod01@hotmail.com> napisa³:

> I suppose you have tried 'last known good configuration'?

There was only "Original Configuration". Didn't help.

--
Regards,

Maciek