Sign in with
Your question

is there any1 with the A7V8X mobo

Last response: in CPUs
March 23, 2003 6:09:59 PM

Hi, i have the Asus A7V8X(KT400) mobo. i bot this a couple of months back along with the XP 1800+ thoroughbred A as the Asus A7N8X was not available where i stay. Now seeing everyone favoring the nForce 2, i do think of getting the A7N8X. also, among XP 1800+ Thoroughbred A and XP 1700+ THoroughbred B, which is a better CPU and how much better than the other?
do u guys think i shud trade/exchange the A7V8X for the A7N8X? and does the A7N8X - Deluxe model has on-boards audio/video?

More about : any1 a7v8x mobo

March 23, 2003 8:30:25 PM

From what ppl on this boards say, the B is better than the A. (Cause the A came out first) The A7N8x DLX has onboard audio w/ no video, the non DLX has both onboard. From THG, the nforce2 is def. better than the KT400's (your board), so if you can exchange it, or have the money to buy another mobo, I would.
March 24, 2003 3:15:03 AM

I'm running the same board as you. There's nothing wrong with it. The A7N8X will only give you 3 to 5% increase over what you have & then you'll need 2 RAM modules to do it. Keep what you have for now & wait for the next Nforce iteration, at least that's what I'm doing. I've built both of them & setting side by side, you can't see the difference. If you need dual LAN for a network, then that's another matter.

If it ain't broke, take it apart & see why not!
Related resources
March 24, 2003 4:25:22 AM

tnk god for that! btw, rcpilot, whats ur system congif? i got Athlon XP 1800+ (Thoroughbred A) OCed to 1860MHz, 256MB DDR333, 80GB IBM Deskstar, Asus GF4 MX440 64MB(i know it sucks for gr8 gaming experience) and i get around 7200 (@ default benchmark) on 3DMarks2001se. whats ur score? i am planning to upgrade my AGP now. if i am lucky i may get a Radeon 9700 somewhere here.
March 24, 2003 5:02:42 AM

My system I'm running right now is:

A7V8X
AMD XP2400
Samsung 512 cs2 PC2700
PNY Geforce TI4600
WD JB Edition 8mg cashe
Windows XP Pro SP1

I get 11360 3Dmarks on the older 3Dmark 2001SE. Haven't tried the new 3Dmark because I don't want to mess with DX9 yet.

I'm not OC at all. Aggressive RAM timings is about it.

Not much of ATI fan. I like Nvidia just fine for what I do & that's gaming & this forum, oh & PhotoShop 7.0. Nothing wrong with ATI, but I still prefer Nvidia. I've got a year or so before I'll make up my mind on the vid cards. Then they will be other things for me to consider when I get my next one. ATI may get the cigar next time, but that remains to be seen.

March 24, 2003 2:59:45 PM

wow, thats sort of a dream combination for me, especially the processor and the Graphics card. no offence, but, shudn't u be getting a little more 3D marks?? around 14,000???
March 24, 2003 3:32:31 PM

Well when I compare it on the 3Dmark web the guys that get 1400 are running a gig of RAM & are way OCed on FSB with my same set up. I built it in Nov. & have tweaked it several different ways, but that's as high as I can take it without OCing it. It really does a job on the games I play which are currently: Return To Castle Wolfenstien, SOLF2 ,Serious Sam Second Encounter, & NOLF2. Waiting for the new Doom 3 now.

I would be running a A7N8X but they just came out & I'd already ordered the A7V8X at the time I built in Nov. I've built several A7N8X's now & like them for the dual LAN. Other than that the 3Dmarks were about the same as with my set up with my same vid card. That's all I know about it from my actual experience with them. I'm happy.

I was running a A7V with a 1 gig T-Bird & a Geforce 2 Ultra when I built this machine. As a matter of fact I still have that machine running for my wife. It has a 40 gig WD JJ edition, 2 mg cashe & 100 FSB. My 3Dmarks on that machine are 3470. So I saw a huge boost with my new machine.

!