While looking in "Windows(XPsp2) Explorer / Documents and Settings / Owner,"
I noticed a folder - "My Recent Documents." Within that folder there are a
lot of files. My 2 questions are:
#1- Can these files be deleted?
#2- If they can be deleted, how would that be done? Would we do it just be
high-lighting the files on right-side of screen and then deleting? Or is
there another place (outside of Windows Explorer) where we can click on a Tab
- which will delete the files automatically?
Thanks for any help.

Alice;
Right click the Start button
Click Properties.
Click Start Menu tab
Click Customize
Click Advanced tab
See "Recent Documents" near the bottom.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"AliceZ" <AliceZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While looking in "Windows(XPsp2) Explorer / Documents and Settings /
> Owner,"
> I noticed a folder - "My Recent Documents." Within that folder there are a
> lot of files. My 2 questions are:
> #1- Can these files be deleted?
> #2- If they can be deleted, how would that be done? Would we do it just be
> high-lighting the files on right-side of screen and then deleting? Or is
> there another place (outside of Windows Explorer) where we can click on a
> Tab
> - which will delete the files automatically?
> Thanks for any help.

Thank you kindly. Yes, that seems to have done the trick.
I notice a box on the left of that Advanced screen. It is "UN-checked" and
the description next to it reads: "List my recently opened documents."
Should that remain "UN-checked?"
Thanks again.

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Alice;
> Right click the Start button
> Click Properties.
> Click Start Menu tab
> Click Customize
> Click Advanced tab
> See "Recent Documents" near the bottom.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "AliceZ" <AliceZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > While looking in "Windows(XPsp2) Explorer / Documents and Settings /
> > Owner,"
> > I noticed a folder - "My Recent Documents." Within that folder there are a
> > lot of files. My 2 questions are:
> > #1- Can these files be deleted?
> > #2- If they can be deleted, how would that be done? Would we do it just be
> > high-lighting the files on right-side of screen and then deleting? Or is
> > there another place (outside of Windows Explorer) where we can click on a
> > Tab
> > - which will delete the files automatically?
> > Thanks for any help.

Sorry to repeat myself, but previous post didn't answer my second post. Here
repeat of my second post: "Thank you kindly. Yes, that seems to have done the
"

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Alice;
> Right click the Start button
> Click Properties.
> Click Start Menu tab
> Click Customize
> Click Advanced tab
> See "Recent Documents" near the bottom.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "AliceZ" <AliceZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > While looking in "Windows(XPsp2) Explorer / Documents and Settings /
> > Owner,"
> > I noticed a folder - "My Recent Documents." Within that folder there are a
> > lot of files. My 2 questions are:
> > #1- Can these files be deleted?
> > #2- If they can be deleted, how would that be done? Would we do it just be
> > high-lighting the files on right-side of screen and then deleting? Or is
> > there another place (outside of Windows Explorer) where we can click on a
> > Tab
> > - which will delete the files automatically?
> > Thanks for any help.

You are not deleting files.
The list in My Recent Documents are shortcuts to the actual files.
--
Ron Sommer

> Thank you kindly. Yes, that seems to have done the trick.
> I notice a box on the left of that Advanced screen. It is "UN-checked" and
> the description next to it reads: "List my recently opened documents."
> Should that remain "UN-checked?"
> Thanks again.
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Alice;
>> Right click the Start button
>> Click Properties.
>> Click Start Menu tab
>> Click Customize
>> Click Advanced tab
>> See "Recent Documents" near the bottom.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "AliceZ" <AliceZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > While looking in "Windows(XPsp2) Explorer / Documents and Settings /
>> > Owner,"
>> > I noticed a folder - "My Recent Documents." Within that folder there
>> > are a
>> > lot of files. My 2 questions are:
>> > #1- Can these files be deleted?
>> > #2- If they can be deleted, how would that be done? Would we do it just
>> > be
>> > high-lighting the files on right-side of screen and then deleting? Or
>> > is
>> > there another place (outside of Windows Explorer) where we can click on
>> > Tab
>> > - which will delete the files automatically?
>> > Thanks for any help.

Alice;
Either way is OK.
If it is checked, shortcuts to recent viewed documents will be in the
folder.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"AliceZ" <AliceZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you kindly. Yes, that seems to have done the trick.
> I notice a box on the left of that Advanced screen. It is "UN-checked" and
> the description next to it reads: "List my recently opened documents."
> Should that remain "UN-checked?"
> Thanks again.
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Alice;
>> Right click the Start button
>> Click Properties.
>> Click Start Menu tab
>> Click Customize
>> Click Advanced tab
>> See "Recent Documents" near the bottom.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "AliceZ" <AliceZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > While looking in "Windows(XPsp2) Explorer / Documents and Settings /
>> > Owner,"
>> > I noticed a folder - "My Recent Documents." Within that folder there
>> > are a
>> > lot of files. My 2 questions are:
>> > #1- Can these files be deleted?
>> > #2- If they can be deleted, how would that be done? Would we do it just
>> > be
>> > high-lighting the files on right-side of screen and then deleting? Or
>> > is
>> > there another place (outside of Windows Explorer) where we can click on
>> > Tab
>> > - which will delete the files automatically?
>> > Thanks for any help.

TRENDING THREADS