Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

msn messenger block

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
August 10, 2005 7:11:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

my company we can use msn messenger but they plock file transfers/ websites
like www.whatever.com. now if we send the website like this w
ww.whatever.com it will go. also does not show our pics to oneanother. is
there a program out there to bypass the admin set that the company has set?

Thank You

More about : msn messenger block

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 7:59:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Tell you what, if my company employed you and you tried to bypass company IT
policy, you'd get 1 warning. Then you'd be written up. Followed by firing on
the 3rd offense. Plain and simple. Have a nice day..


"STRETCH" wrote:

> my company we can use msn messenger but they plock file transfers/ websites
> like www.whatever.com. now if we send the website like this w
> ww.whatever.com it will go. also does not show our pics to oneanother. is
> there a program out there to bypass the admin set that the company has set?
>
> Thank You
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 8:13:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

You want to bypass company policy?
My suggestion is to stop looking now while you are still employed.
Contact your IT department for a solution.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


"STRETCH" <STRETCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:38C91FF0-EAA7-405E-815E-FE7AC8F8DEA4@microsoft.com...
> my company we can use msn messenger but they plock file transfers/
> websites
> like www.whatever.com. now if we send the website like this w
> ww.whatever.com it will go. also does not show our pics to oneanother. is
> there a program out there to bypass the admin set that the company has
> set?
>
> Thank You
Related resources
August 10, 2005 8:13:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

i will have the job still lol no worries here

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> You want to bypass company policy?
> My suggestion is to stop looking now while you are still employed.
> Contact your IT department for a solution.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>
>
> "STRETCH" <STRETCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:38C91FF0-EAA7-405E-815E-FE7AC8F8DEA4@microsoft.com...
> > my company we can use msn messenger but they plock file transfers/
> > websites
> > like www.whatever.com. now if we send the website like this w
> > ww.whatever.com it will go. also does not show our pics to oneanother. is
> > there a program out there to bypass the admin set that the company has
> > set?
> >
> > Thank You
>
>
>
August 10, 2005 8:16:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

so will you help and i would wait for the warning

"CaJazzFan" wrote:

> Tell you what, if my company employed you and you tried to bypass company IT
> policy, you'd get 1 warning. Then you'd be written up. Followed by firing on
> the 3rd offense. Plain and simple. Have a nice day..
>
>
> "STRETCH" wrote:
>
> > my company we can use msn messenger but they plock file transfers/ websites
> > like www.whatever.com. now if we send the website like this w
> > ww.whatever.com it will go. also does not show our pics to oneanother. is
> > there a program out there to bypass the admin set that the company has set?
> >
> > Thank You
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 2:15:44 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

It seems the answer is No.

Ask your IT department.
They are fully able to give you what you ask.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


"STRETCH" <STRETCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D C26D92E-5483-4C63-A2A4-936CA99607DD@microsoft.com...
> so will you help and i would wait for the warning
>
> "CaJazzFan" wrote:
>
>> Tell you what, if my company employed you and you tried to bypass company
>> IT
>> policy, you'd get 1 warning. Then you'd be written up. Followed by firing
>> on
>> the 3rd offense. Plain and simple. Have a nice day.
August 11, 2005 6:09:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Should of just said NO then in the beginning huh?

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> It seems the answer is No.
>
> Ask your IT department.
> They are fully able to give you what you ask.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>
>
> "STRETCH" <STRETCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D C26D92E-5483-4C63-A2A4-936CA99607DD@microsoft.com...
> > so will you help and i would wait for the warning
> >
> > "CaJazzFan" wrote:
> >
> >> Tell you what, if my company employed you and you tried to bypass company
> >> IT
> >> policy, you'd get 1 warning. Then you'd be written up. Followed by firing
> >> on
> >> the 3rd offense. Plain and simple. Have a nice day.
>
>
>
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 6:44:24 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"STRETCH" <STRETCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:38C91FF0-EAA7-405E-815E-FE7AC8F8DEA4@microsoft.com...
> my company we can use msn messenger but they plock file transfers/
> websites
> like www.whatever.com. now if we send the website like this w
> ww.whatever.com it will go. also does not show our pics to oneanother. is
> there a program out there to bypass the admin set that the company has
> set?
>
> Thank You

If this is an actual company policy expressed by your business managers,
then there is really no way around the technical measures without violating
the policy. However, if this is a case of a napoleonic IT administrator
(quite common) who has implemented technical restrictions over and above
company policies, you may have an option.

The IT adminitrator may be implementing these restrictions using Group
Policies for the Windows Messenger. If you have the system permissions to
download and install software using your browser, try downloading an
application like Trillian and using it for your MSN chat program.

http://www.trillian.cc/learn/

Good Luck,

Carl
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 9:30:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Because the answer was not just a simple "NO"
A "NO" would ignore the appropriate step of contacting your IT department.
You did not make it clear in your post you wanted to bypass company policy.
You were given a solution which required you to communicate within your own
company.
Apparently you are unwilling to do so.
If you had started out by saying something like "Help me bypass the controls
the company has placed on my computer. I want to ignore company policy"
Then the answer would have been a quick and simple "No".

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


"STRETCH" <STRETCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CD0CE9F2-0C75-458B-B5E6-87F159E4007F@microsoft.com...
> Should of just said NO then in the beginning huh?
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> It seems the answer is No.
>>
>> Ask your IT department.
>> They are fully able to give you what you ask.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> http://www.dts-l.org
!