msn messenger block

my company we can use msn messenger but they plock file transfers/ websites
like www.whatever.com. now if we send the website like this w
ww.whatever.com it will go. also does not show our pics to oneanother. is
there a program out there to bypass the admin set that the company has set?

Thank You
8 answers Last reply
More about messenger block

    Tell you what, if my company employed you and you tried to bypass company IT
    policy, you'd get 1 warning. Then you'd be written up. Followed by firing on
    the 3rd offense. Plain and simple. Have a nice day..

    "STRETCH" wrote:

    > my company we can use msn messenger but they plock file transfers/ websites
    > like www.whatever.com. now if we send the website like this w
    > ww.whatever.com it will go. also does not show our pics to oneanother. is
    > there a program out there to bypass the admin set that the company has set?
    >
    > Thank You

    You want to bypass company policy?
    My suggestion is to stop looking now while you are still employed.
    Contact your IT department for a solution.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "STRETCH" <STRETCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my company we can use msn messenger but they plock file transfers/
    > websites
    > like www.whatever.com. now if we send the website like this w
    > ww.whatever.com it will go. also does not show our pics to oneanother. is
    > there a program out there to bypass the admin set that the company has
    > set?
    >
    > Thank You

    i will have the job still lol no worries here

    "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

    > You want to bypass company policy?
    > My suggestion is to stop looking now while you are still employed.
    > Contact your IT department for a solution.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "STRETCH" <STRETCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > my company we can use msn messenger but they plock file transfers/
    > > websites
    > > like www.whatever.com. now if we send the website like this w
    > > ww.whatever.com it will go. also does not show our pics to oneanother. is
    > > there a program out there to bypass the admin set that the company has
    > > set?
    > >
    > > Thank You

    so will you help and i would wait for the warning

    "CaJazzFan" wrote:

    > Tell you what, if my company employed you and you tried to bypass company IT
    > policy, you'd get 1 warning. Then you'd be written up. Followed by firing on
    > the 3rd offense. Plain and simple. Have a nice day..
    >

    > "STRETCH" wrote:
    >
    > > my company we can use msn messenger but they plock file transfers/ websites
    > > like www.whatever.com. now if we send the website like this w
    > > ww.whatever.com it will go. also does not show our pics to oneanother. is
    > > there a program out there to bypass the admin set that the company has set?
    > >
    > > Thank You

    It seems the answer is No.

    Ask your IT department.
    They are fully able to give you what you ask.

    --

    > so will you help and i would wait for the warning
    >
    > "CaJazzFan" wrote:
    >
    >> Tell you what, if my company employed you and you tried to bypass company
    >> IT
    >> policy, you'd get 1 warning. Then you'd be written up. Followed by firing
    >> on
    >> the 3rd offense. Plain and simple. Have a nice day.

    Should of just said NO then in the beginning huh?

    "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

    > It seems the answer is No.
    >
    > Ask your IT department.
    > They are fully able to give you what you ask.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "STRETCH" <STRETCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > so will you help and i would wait for the warning
    > >
    > > "CaJazzFan" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Tell you what, if my company employed you and you tried to bypass company
    > >> IT
    > >> policy, you'd get 1 warning. Then you'd be written up. Followed by firing
    > >> on
    > >> the 3rd offense. Plain and simple. Have a nice day.

    "STRETCH" <STRETCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my company we can use msn messenger but they plock file transfers/
    > websites
    > like www.whatever.com. now if we send the website like this w
    > ww.whatever.com it will go. also does not show our pics to oneanother. is
    > there a program out there to bypass the admin set that the company has
    > set?
    >
    > Thank You

    If this is an actual company policy expressed by your business managers,
    then there is really no way around the technical measures without violating
    the policy. However, if this is a case of a napoleonic IT administrator
    (quite common) who has implemented technical restrictions over and above
    company policies, you may have an option.

    The IT adminitrator may be implementing these restrictions using Group
    Policies for the Windows Messenger. If you have the system permissions to
    download and install software using your browser, try downloading an
    application like Trillian and using it for your MSN chat program.

    http://www.trillian.cc/learn/

    Good Luck,

    Carl

    Because the answer was not just a simple "NO"
    A "NO" would ignore the appropriate step of contacting your IT department.
    You did not make it clear in your post you wanted to bypass company policy.
    You were given a solution which required you to communicate within your own
    company.
    Apparently you are unwilling to do so.
    If you had started out by saying something like "Help me bypass the controls
    the company has placed on my computer. I want to ignore company policy"
    Then the answer would have been a quick and simple "No".

    --

    > Should of just said NO then in the beginning huh?
    >
    > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> It seems the answer is No.
    >>
    >> Ask your IT department.
    >> They are fully able to give you what you ask.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    >> http://www.dts-l.org