Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can a tech guru please help identify a product?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 7, 2010 3:57:24 PM

Hello. I am looking for a simple device much like a tablet PC or something but not quite and I don't know if it exists. Can you help? Here is what I need. I essentially want a couple of LCD panels hanging up on the wall at different locations in the house. Touch screen would be nice. But essentially I need an information portal of sorts. The LCD would display headline news, my local weather, perhaps a local movie listing from my theater, and a few other very pertinent cloud-apps so when I walk by I have everything there without keeping a TV on or waking up a sleeping laptop. It would mostly be a personal info portal that streams the configured information in a nice readable layout. But it would also be nice if I could switch it out of that mode during the rare times I want to look up a specific recipe or whatever else I would need. - Then put it back to the information portal mode. Any ideas which device would offer that functionality with the small configurable apps? I have heard of an HP device which got terrible reviews. Also the asus eee something or another device seems like the right form factor but I can't find much info on the apps that come with it so not sure if that is the appropriate device either. I have also seen some ATT home phone device but that has its own issues. So any advice the gurus can give me I would very much appreciate. Thank you. Steven
January 10, 2010 4:31:28 PM

I am no guru, but I think the Asus Eee PC T91 is the device your looking for.
Lookup this one: Notion Ink Pixel QI Tablet E Reader