Sign in with
Your question

Help for read-only files and how to change them usb

Last response: in Windows 7
October 20, 2012 11:00:08 AM

Hello,
when my usb drive insert the computer show "you need to format the disk in drive J: before you can use it. Do you want to format it?" then when I select to format disk, it show "Windows can't format J Chek to see that the disk and drive are connected properly,make sure that the disk is not read-only,and then try again.For more information,search Help for read-only files and how to change them" How can format it? Please help me it

More about : read files change usb

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
October 20, 2012 11:16:40 AM

Either your stick has a write protection switch on it or it is damaged.
February 6, 2013 12:54:22 PM

anjana_40 said:
Hello,
when my usb drive insert the computer show "you need to format the disk in drive J: before you can use it. Do you want to format it?" then when I select to format disk, it show "Windows can't format J Chek to see that the disk and drive are connected properly,make sure that the disk is not read-only,and then try again.For more information,search Help for read-only files and how to change them" How can format it? Please help me it

Related resources
February 9, 2013 3:51:33 AM

anjana_40 said:
Hello,

May 19, 2013 4:03:11 PM

noidea_77 said:
Either your stick has a write protection switch on it or it is damaged.

I have the same problem with my 500 GB Touchmate HDD. Is there a way to fix it, or reformat it? Thanks.
!