Help for read-only files and how to change them usb

Hello,
when my usb drive insert the computer show "you need to format the disk in drive J: before you can use it. Do you want to format it?" then when I select to format disk, it show "Windows can't format J Chek to see that the disk and drive are connected properly,make sure that the disk is not read-only,and then try again.For more information,search Help for read-only files and how to change them" How can format it? Please help me it
4 answers Last reply
More about help read only files change
  1. Either your stick has a write protection switch on it or it is damaged.
  2. anjana_40 said:
    Hello,
    when my usb drive insert the computer show "you need to format the disk in drive J: before you can use it. Do you want to format it?" then when I select to format disk, it show "Windows can't format J Chek to see that the disk and drive are connected properly,make sure that the disk is not read-only,and then try again.For more information,search Help for read-only files and how to change them" How can format it? Please help me it
  3. anjana_40 said:
    Hello,
  4. noidea_77 said:
    Either your stick has a write protection switch on it or it is damaged.

I have the same problem with my 500 GB Touchmate HDD. Is there a way to fix it, or reformat it? Thanks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Read Only Format Windows 7