What is the Best, Free, Popup Blocker - "Please"

Can you "Please" tell me,
what the "Best",
"Free",
Popup Blocker is ?

"Please"

"Thank you oh so very much"

SP2's blocker works very well and it's free. The add blocker bundled with
Nortons Internet Security works well and I use it at home
..
Look at this site and choose from 150 or so:
http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=pop-up+blocker&tg=dl-2001

I like the features of "window shades" (also free) that I use on a XP Pro
SP1 machine:
http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/Window-Shades/3000-2378_2-10124491.html?tag=lst-0-1

"Janine" wrote:

> Can you "Please" tell me,
> what the "Best",
> "Free",
> Popup Blocker is ?
>
> "Please"
>
> "Thank you oh so very much"

I don't know abot best, but the one in SP2 works pretty well, and it's free.

If you can't install SP2, the Google Toolbar isn't bad.

"Janine" <jnanny@barefootnpregnant.edu> wrote in message
> Can you "Please" tell me,
> what the "Best",
> "Free",
> Popup Blocker is ?
>
> "Please"
>
> "Thank you oh so very much"

The one in XP SP2 works fine.
I have also used the ones included with the Google toolbar, MSN toolbar and
Yahoo toolbar on various machines.
All of them work.

--
A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!

Janine wrote:
> Can you "Please" tell me,
> what the "Best",
> "Free",
> Popup Blocker is ?
>
> "Please"
>
> "Thank you oh so very much"

XP SP2's IE does a good job. And so does the Google Toolbar. Between
the two of them and the one bundled in my firewall, I never get a popup.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Kurt, do you know how mutch real estate the Google Toolbar takes up?

Janine

The Google toolbar popup blocker works well for me...

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Janine" <jnanny@barefootnpregnant.edu> wrote in message
> Can you "Please" tell me,
> what the "Best",
> "Free",
> Popup Blocker is ?
>
> "Please"
>
> "Thank you oh so very much"

Very little, and well worth the small amount of space it takes.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Janine wrote:
> Kurt, do you know how mutch real estate the Google Toolbar takes up?

Not much. And the quick access to Google searches is well worth it.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

It's minimal.

"Janine" <jnanny@barefootnpregnant.edu> wrote in message
> Kurt, do you know how mutch real estate the Google Toolbar takes up?

the pop up blocker supplied with SP2 is as good as all the others.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

> Janine wrote:
>> Kurt, do you know how mutch real estate the Google Toolbar takes up?
>
> Not much. And the quick access to Google searches is well worth it.

Not to mention things like auto form filling and when you search it has
buttons of your search terms that when you click them they highlight the
search term on the page. It is also very customizable.

> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:56:46 -0400, "Janine"
<jnanny@barefootnpregnant.edu> wrote:

>Can you "Please" tell me,
>what the "Best",
>"Free",