lincoln

Distinguished
May 28, 2004

I have a brand new WinXP Pro workstation on a Novell Network. Here recently,
whenever you open Groupwise, you get a prompt for Microsoft Mail to enter PO
address, username and password. We don't even use Exchange, how do I get rid
of MS Mail?

Here is what I've found so far: There is an applet in the control panel for
MS Mail, if I click on it, it wants to set up a MS Mail PO. Nothing to
remove it here.

If I go into Add/Remove Programs, there is nothing related (from what I can
tell) to MS Mail. The same for Add/Remove Windows Components.

I'm not sure where else to look. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
--
Lincoln

You're in the right spot. If you don't use outlook then that's where you
remove the account. Actually since it is not configured all you probably
have to do is make GroupWise the default mail application. I don't use
GroupWise so I can't tell you how to do that. Try the Internet Options icon
in the control panel choose the programs tab and see if GroupWise is listed
in the drop down menu next to email.

"lincoln" <lincoln@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a brand new WinXP Pro workstation on a Novell Network. Here
>recently,
> whenever you open Groupwise, you get a prompt for Microsoft Mail to enter
> PO
> address, username and password. We don't even use Exchange, how do I get
> rid
> of MS Mail?
>
> Here is what I've found so far: There is an applet in the control panel
> for
> MS Mail, if I click on it, it wants to set up a MS Mail PO. Nothing to
> remove it here.
>
> If I go into Add/Remove Programs, there is nothing related (from what I
> can
> tell) to MS Mail. The same for Add/Remove Windows Components.
>
> I'm not sure where else to look. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
> --
> Lincoln

lincoln

Distinguished
May 28, 2004

Outlook isn't even installed. Just for argument sake I've even removed OL
Express from the machine. I've also checked in Internet Options in the
control panel under the programs tab. Groupwise is not an option. Any other
ideas?
--
Lincoln

"pcbutts1" wrote:

> You're in the right spot. If you don't use outlook then that's where you
> remove the account. Actually since it is not configured all you probably
> have to do is make GroupWise the default mail application. I don't use
> GroupWise so I can't tell you how to do that. Try the Internet Options icon
> in the control panel choose the programs tab and see if GroupWise is listed
> in the drop down menu next to email.

> "lincoln" <lincoln@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a brand new WinXP Pro workstation on a Novell Network. Here
> >recently,
> > whenever you open Groupwise, you get a prompt for Microsoft Mail to enter
> > PO
> > address, username and password. We don't even use Exchange, how do I get
> > rid
> > of MS Mail?
> >
> > Here is what I've found so far: There is an applet in the control panel
> > for
> > MS Mail, if I click on it, it wants to set up a MS Mail PO. Nothing to
> > remove it here.
> >
> > If I go into Add/Remove Programs, there is nothing related (from what I
> > can
> > tell) to MS Mail. The same for Add/Remove Windows Components.
> >
> > I'm not sure where else to look. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
> > --
> > Lincoln

lincoln

Distinguished
May 28, 2004

I've figured it out. Thank you for your time and advice. For future
reference:

Open Groupwise, cancel the MS Mail prompt, Go to "Tools" Menu and click on
"Address Book". In the Address Book, Click on "File" menu, and then select
"Services". Highlight Microsoft Mail, then click on "Remove". "OK" your way
through all the prompts and restart Groupwise.

The Novell and Groupwise clients require that Windows Messaging (NTWMS.exe)
is installed, my best guess is that the reference to MS Mail was installed at
that point. A slight clash between the two platforms.
--
Lincoln