File and Settings Transfer Wizard restore to a different d..

Before I cleaned off my hard drive to do a fresh install of XP SP2, I used
the "File and Settings Transfer Wizard" (I only used the "Settings" option).
I have divided my hard drive into three partitions (C, D and E) with an OS
installation to each partition. My question is; Can I use the file created
from the "File and Settings Transfer Wizard" for all three drives? Or will
it only be good for the same drive letter it came off of?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about file settings transfer wizard restore

    Hi,

    It'd be good for any instance of the installation, regardless of the volume
    or drive letter.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "dostrander" <dostrander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Before I cleaned off my hard drive to do a fresh install of XP SP2, I used
    > the "File and Settings Transfer Wizard" (I only used the "Settings"
    > option).
    > I have divided my hard drive into three partitions (C, D and E) with an OS
    > installation to each partition. My question is; Can I use the file
    > created
    > from the "File and Settings Transfer Wizard" for all three drives? Or
    > will
    > it only be good for the same drive letter it came off of?
    >
    > Thanks

Hard Drives Microsoft Windows XP