File and Settings Transfer Wizard restore to a different d..

August 10, 2005 9:45:15 PM

Before I cleaned off my hard drive to do a fresh install of XP SP2, I used
the "File and Settings Transfer Wizard" (I only used the "Settings" option).
I have divided my hard drive into three partitions (C, D and E) with an OS
installation to each partition. My question is; Can I use the file created
from the "File and Settings Transfer Wizard" for all three drives? Or will
it only be good for the same drive letter it came off of?

Thanks
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 1:39:45 AM

Hi,

It'd be good for any instance of the installation, regardless of the volume
or drive letter.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/