Building PC..Ran into a few problems

Birnie82

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
Hi guys. This post might be quite long to give the detail. I am in the process of putting my cpu together right now and I ran into a few snaggs. First, below is what I am running

Antec SX1040B11 Case
AMD 2400+ Tcore
Asus A7N8X
Radeon 9500 Pro
512 ram 2700
My old Burner, 3.5 drive
WD 40 GB HD

I received my case today and started putting together. I used the feature on building a cpu from this site, which was helpful. I am pretty sure I did everything setting up, however, my cpu doesnt start. The manuals for the Asus board and the Aantec case aren't very helpful with what goes where. I have a variety of wires coming from the startup button, but have no idea where they go. Neither manuals specify. Also, I have a small wire coming from the Power Supply (400 w) with three links. I also have no idea where this goes. On the board, there is a LED switch which lets me know that their is power coming to the board. I hope this is enough information to start off with. If I need to post anything else I will. I am not at the house since I cant get my old cpu working right now. Thanks for the help.

--Chris

rcj187

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
the manual for the a7n8x shows you how to connect the wires coming from the case.. and the little wire coming from the psu goes into the power fan header.. this is located just above the agp slot and has a chassis fan header right next to it.
connect up the wires from the case to the motherboard as it says in yourmanual and you will be up and running..
good luck

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Those wires are defintely a bitch. You'll find them in the manual though. They're on two different pages if I remember correctly.

<font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS</font color=blue> <font color=red>AMERICA</font color=red>

mrwhipper

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2002
The info that you need is on page 1-19 of the manual. Please keep in mind that polarity DOES matter with led connections.

They are our, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, friends, neighbors. They are OUR TROOPS! Please support them.