Dell Inspiron 8100 Processor Upgrade to 1.33 Ghz

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.laptops (More info?)

Hello, I've got a i8100 that is a few years old now and I'm looking at
upgrade options. I was sitting here wondering...

Will an 8100 run with a 1.33Ghz PIIIm in it? I think the fastest speed
I remember seeing was 1.13 (on this model) around the time I ordered
the machine. Has anyone tried it? I haven't got the laptop with me at
the moment, but are there any mobo/BIOS restrictions that won't allow
the 1.33Ghz?

I don't know if this makes a difference yet but I've got the 866Mhz
Ultra Low Voltage processor in it now. Figured there may be different
mobos for the 1.13Ghz model which isn't ULV.
1 answer Last reply
More about dell inspiron 8100 processor upgrade

    It should take any Mobile Tualatin CPU (aka the mobile PIII-m CPU).

    "SDLovell" <sdlovell@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I've got a i8100 that is a few years old now and I'm looking at
    > upgrade options. I was sitting here wondering...
    >
    > Will an 8100 run with a 1.33Ghz PIIIm in it? I think the fastest speed
    > I remember seeing was 1.13 (on this model) around the time I ordered
    > the machine. Has anyone tried it? I haven't got the laptop with me at
    > the moment, but are there any mobo/BIOS restrictions that won't allow
    > the 1.33Ghz?
    >
    > I don't know if this makes a difference yet but I've got the 866Mhz
    > Ultra Low Voltage processor in it now. Figured there may be different
    > mobos for the 1.13Ghz model which isn't ULV.

Dell Laptops Dell Inspiron Processors Computers