Pinballmagic Sunday Chat (Is Yahoo Shutting Down All Chat ..

I heard a newscast, last night, which announced that Yahoo was going to
close its chat rooms due to minors being solicited there.

Has anyone heard about that and, if so, does that mean they will be
closing all chat rooms, including Pinballmagic's Sunday night one?

Bob

I am working on a new solution. Details to follow..

Thanks!!

"Bob Rentzer" <lawcal@lawcal.com> wrote in message
>I heard a newscast, last night, which announced that Yahoo was going to
> close its chat rooms due to minors being solicited there.
>
> Has anyone heard about that and, if so, does that mean they will be
> closing all chat rooms, including Pinballmagic's Sunday night one?
>
> Bob

There's always IRC, which works pretty well.

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

Pinball Magic wrote:
> I have a chat server just about finished.. I suspect the Yahoo thing is
> temporary. More details to follow.

So... is tonight "off?"
Bob

lscott

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005

I typed these instructions for Rick a while ago, this is how to get on
IRC if you can't use the Yahoo chat:

Go to http://www.mirc.com/get.html

Click on any American/Canadian site to download the program. Save
the install file somewhere, then run it.

Click NEXT, then YES to license, then INSTALL (leave the default path)

When it's done copying, click the "Launch mIRC" box and click FINISH.

The program will launch. You'll see a registration notice - you have
30 days to check out the program for free, before it nags you to
register it. Click CONTINUE.

You now have to enter your chat name. For full name and email address,
I recommend putting in bogus info, since no one on IRC needs to know
that and it will cut down spam. You can substitute a cute saying (less
than 50 or so chars) for email. Nickname must be 9 characters or less
and start with a letter. Some characters cannot be used, and there can
be only one instance of a nickname on the network at a time, so "Rick"
is probably already taken. Put in a nickname and an alternate - if
both are taken, it will prompt you for another. Click the "Invisible
Mode" box (just prevents random bots from messaging you).

Now click the orange star next to 'Connect to Server'. At the top is
an IRC Network dropdown list - select EFnet from this list. There are
a lot of networks, make sure you get EFnet. IRC server will change to
'EFnet: Random server' which is fine. Hit 'Connect to Server' and you
should eventually connect (some servers have limits and it may take a
few tries to land on a good one.)

After you connect, you'll get a Favorites popup. Type #PINBALL in the
channel name field and click Join. You should now be in #Pinball.

Note that you won't have to re-enter nickname or server information
next time you run mIRC.. just hit Connect to Server and put in
#pinball.
You can add #pinball to the favorites list and get rid of the defaults
there if you want.

"John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
> There's always IRC, which works pretty well.
>
> --
> http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>

> "Pinball Magic" <info@pinballmagic.com> wrote in message
>>I am working on a new solution. Details to follow..
>>
>> Thanks!!
>>

>> "Bob Rentzer" <lawcal@lawcal.com> wrote in message
>>>I heard a newscast, last night, which announced that Yahoo was going to
>>> close its chat rooms due to minors being solicited there.
>>>
>>> Has anyone heard about that and, if so, does that mean they will be
>>> closing all chat rooms, including Pinballmagic's Sunday night one?
>>>
>>> Bob

If you want to use my chat room feel free to use it as long as you like
whenever you like

http://pinballrebel.com/chat.htm?channel=pinballrebel.com

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

Sunday Night Pinball Chat

Feel free to sign in and talk about anything related to pinball and arcades.

Q: Where is this chat held at?
A: http://24.163.135.143/

Q: What time is the chat?
A: It is every Sunday evening starting at 8:00 p.m. until 11:30 p.m. Central
time. That is also 01:00 to 04:30 Monday, Greenwich Mean Time (UTC).
Here is a link to find out what time it is right now. Check the Chicago
listing for current Central Time. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/