Security center warning about Norton AV not started

Bloody frustrating... At reboot i get the security center bubble telling me
that my NAV is not started (maybe right) but within 20 secs.. After NAV has
loaded the bubble disappears - great. Only happened since i updated about a
week ago.. Both XP SP@ and NAV... ???

That is normal.
The Security Center is monitoring before your antivirus is completely
running, thus the bubble disappears once it is running.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Tobazz" <Tobazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Bloody frustrating... At reboot i get the security center bubble telling
> me
> that my NAV is not started (maybe right) but within 20 secs.. After NAV
> has
> loaded the bubble disappears - great. Only happened since i updated about
> week ago.. Both XP SP@ and NAV... ???

I understand that but why has it only surfaced since the update?

>I understand that but why has it only surfaced since the update?
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> That is normal.
>> The Security Center is monitoring before your antivirus is completely
>> running, thus the bubble disappears once it is running.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "Tobazz" <Tobazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Bloody frustrating... At reboot i get the security center bubble
>> > telling
>> > me
>> > that my NAV is not started (maybe right) but within 20 secs.. After NAV
>> > has
>> > loaded the bubble disappears - great. Only happened since i updated
>> > about
>> > week ago.. Both XP SP@ and NAV... ???

Because the last update altered the order in which the startup programs are
It is not an issue to be concerned with. Updates sometimes change entries
in the startup
folders or the registry.

Bobby

Ed

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:14:02 -0700, Tobazz
<Tobazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Bloody frustrating...

To get rid of the annoying thing, goto Security Center and click on
"Change the way Security Alerts me" at the left side of the window and
then uncheck "Virus Protection". Warning though... you will not be
alerted if your virus protection actually doesn't start.

Regards,
Ed