Networked Home PC's hosting same game

I am a CCNA, and consider myself fairly knowledgable on
PC's, but I have not programmed any directplay, so I am
stumped on this problem. I have multiple PC's in my
house behind a router, 1 for each of my children. They
would all like to be able to host multiple player online
games. Let's take Age of Mythology, for example. Each
child would like to host a game for his/her friends to
join.
I forward ports, 6073, and 2300-2400 to the machine
running the game. This works perfectly for that machine,
but then they want to host from a different machine, I
have to change the port forwarding to that machine. Does
anyone have any clever ideas of how to do this
automatically?

Hi Brian,

Take a look at DXPORT from puffinsoft.com which should
help you to assign specific ports to each node. Good luck! :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
Contact

"Brian Kitt" <brian_kitt@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am a CCNA, and consider myself fairly knowledgable on
> PC's, but I have not programmed any directplay, so I am
> stumped on this problem. I have multiple PC's in my
> house behind a router, 1 for each of my children. They
> would all like to be able to host multiple player online
> games. Let's take Age of Mythology, for example. Each
> child would like to host a game for his/her friends to
> join.
> I forward ports, 6073, and 2300-2400 to the machine
> running the game. This works perfectly for that machine,
> but then they want to host from a different machine, I
> have to change the port forwarding to that machine. Does
> anyone have any clever ideas of how to do this
> automatically?

Sorry but I need help in this myself. I cant even get a
game to host on any computer. Can I only do it on a host
machine or can I host from a client. I just got my first
router yesterday and cant figure out how to do the ports
right. I opened them all but I think I made a mistake
somewhere. Its a Linksys and if you can tell me how to
open the ports and if that may not be enough I could
really use the help. And I made a static IP address.

Hi,

Home routers are tricky which is why Linksys offers
their customers a 1-800 number for direct support. :)