MN-700 with Linksys Wireless-G

Running Windows XP, I had my network and internet access
working fine with my desktop PC connected to the MN-700
via an ethernet cable and a separate laptop with the MS
wireless card. I now wish to run my desktop PC wireless,
so I purchased a Linksys Wireless-G card (model
WMP54GS). I installed the card, and am able to connect
to the wireless network, but cannot get an internet
connection working. It seems that the only way I can get
on the wireless network is by configuring the network as
an ad hoc network (by checking the box labelled "This is
a computer-to-computer (ad hoc) network; wireless access
points are not used"). I'm not sure if that's what's
causing me to be unable to get an internet connection. I
know that the router is able to connect to the internet
because everything works if I plug my network cable back
in.

Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob
4 answers Last reply
More about linksys wireless

    Are you using the linksys software to configure your wireless connection?

    Bob wrote:

    > Running Windows XP, I had my network and internet access
    > working fine with my desktop PC connected to the MN-700
    > via an ethernet cable and a separate laptop with the MS
    > wireless card. I now wish to run my desktop PC wireless,
    > so I purchased a Linksys Wireless-G card (model
    > WMP54GS). I installed the card, and am able to connect
    > to the wireless network, but cannot get an internet
    > connection working. It seems that the only way I can get
    > on the wireless network is by configuring the network as
    > an ad hoc network (by checking the box labelled "This is
    > a computer-to-computer (ad hoc) network; wireless access
    > points are not used"). I'm not sure if that's what's
    > causing me to be unable to get an internet connection. I
    > know that the router is able to connect to the internet
    > because everything works if I plug my network cable back
    > in.
    >
    > Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    No, I'm using Windows, as the manual suggests. Can I fix
    this problem by using the linksys software? What settings
    would I need to change?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    I solved my own problem. Being somewhat ignorant about
    hardware, I didn't realize that I'd have to add a new MAC
    address for the new wireless card to my list of MAC
    addresses that were being filtered. Doing that solved the
    problem.

    Did you receive an answer of your question, I am having
    the same problem with windows 2000...

Routers Wireless Networking