Need help with sound card

I have a new Gateway 506GR 3.2 computer with onboard sound. I would like to
use my
soundblaster sound card and sub woofer/speakers from my previous computer
for a better sound system. I disabled the sound card in the bios and removed
the drivers from the onboard card and installed the new card with the latest
drivers but I do not get any sound. Does anyone have any advice?

hh

This is the Compaq group. You might try alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000.
HH

"Dale & Joanne" <dalek@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>I have a new Gateway 506GR 3.2 computer with onboard sound. I would like to
>use my
> soundblaster sound card and sub woofer/speakers from my previous computer
> for a better sound system. I disabled the sound card in the bios and
> removed
> the drivers from the onboard card and installed the new card with the
> latest
> drivers but I do not get any sound. Does anyone have any advice?

Check out the drivers for the s.card, go to control panel/performance and
maintence/system/hardware-then device manager and look at sound near
bottom.

Or control panel/sound/speech/audio devices then sound and audio devices
then check out the audio tab, if the drivers are in there then they should
work. iF GRAYED OUT THEN THERES A PROBLEM.

Also check a simple thing as if your volume is muted,speakers on.
Some sound blaster cards are a bit complicated, look at directions and
make sure you have the right connection from the speakers in the right
jack on sound card.

Good luck

TRENDING THREADS