Adding a user in Home Edition

I need to add a user to solve a problem with Outlook 2003 (click on
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830318 to see the
article) but the problem is that I have Windows XP Home Edition and not
professional edition.
How can add a user in Home Edition ?
3 answers Last reply
More about adding user home edition

    There should be a "User Accounts" applet in the Control Panel. If you are
    logged on as admin, you can add a user account there.

    "Jacques" wrote:

    > I need to add a user to solve a problem with Outlook 2003 (click on
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830318 to see the
    > article) but the problem is that I have Windows XP Home Edition and not
    > professional edition.
    > How can add a user in Home Edition ?

    You're right but if you read the Microsoft article, I need to add the
    Authenticated users in the BCMUsers group. And I cannot do that with the
    "User Accounts" applet.

    "Crack" wrote:

    > There should be a "User Accounts" applet in the Control Panel. If you are
    > logged on as admin, you can add a user account there.
    >
    > "Jacques" wrote:
    >
    > > I need to add a user to solve a problem with Outlook 2003 (click on
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830318 to see the
    > > article) but the problem is that I have Windows XP Home Edition and not
    > > professional edition.
    > > How can add a user in Home Edition ?

    XP Pro is needed for a domain.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_december24.mspx
    --
    Ron Sommer

    "Jacques" <Jacques@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > You're right but if you read the Microsoft article, I need to add the
    > Authenticated users in the BCMUsers group. And I cannot do that with the
    > "User Accounts" applet.
    >
    > "Crack" wrote:
    >
    >> There should be a "User Accounts" applet in the Control Panel. If you are
    >> logged on as admin, you can add a user account there.
    >>
    >> "Jacques" wrote:
    >>
    >> > I need to add a user to solve a problem with Outlook 2003 (click on
    >> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830318 to see
    >> > the
    >> > article) but the problem is that I have Windows XP Home Edition and not
    >> > professional edition.
    >> > How can add a user in Home Edition ?

Outlook 2003 Microsoft Windows XP