Adding a user in Home Edition

August 11, 2005 7:45:01 AM

I need to add a user to solve a problem with Outlook 2003 (click on
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830318 to see the
article) but the problem is that I have Windows XP Home Edition and not
professional edition.
How can add a user in Home Edition ?
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 9:42:25 AM

There should be a "User Accounts" applet in the Control Panel. If you are
logged on as admin, you can add a user account there.

"Jacques" wrote:

> I need to add a user to solve a problem with Outlook 2003 (click on
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830318 to see the
> article) but the problem is that I have Windows XP Home Edition and not
> professional edition.
> How can add a user in Home Edition ?

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 10:25:03 AM

You're right but if you read the Microsoft article, I need to add the
Authenticated users in the BCMUsers group. And I cannot do that with the
"User Accounts" applet.

"Crack" wrote:

> There should be a "User Accounts" applet in the Control Panel. If you are
> logged on as admin, you can add a user account there.
>
> "Jacques" wrote:
>
> > I need to add a user to solve a problem with Outlook 2003 (click on
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830318 to see the
> > article) but the problem is that I have Windows XP Home Edition and not
> > professional edition.
> > How can add a user in Home Edition ?

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 4:39:42 PM