Configuring Halo For BEST Performance

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello everyone,
I just re-installed Halo to see if the new patches that
have been coming out would fix the low fps
problem..well..it didnt' really. I reformatted a week or
so ago, and just installed it without even installing
anti virus or Word or other things that are vital. I'm
still getting low fps. I'm not stupid, I've tried the
FAQ's and tutorials on MS web pages, nothing really
works. There's too many options and I don't know how to
get best performance. You tell me what YOU think I should
have ALL of my settings on, what my command line should
look like etc:

NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 64MB (Latest Drivers)
Pentium 4, 2.0 GHZ Processor
40 GB HD,
512 MB RAM
Creative SB Live! Value (WDM)
DirectX 9.0b
Ethernet Card - Cable Internet

Please don't give me one of the FAQ's off the Microsoft
site, I've read through them, and they don't do anything.
Please help me configure my HALO PC game to run as smooth
and enjoyable as possible. Thank you.

Thanks,
Eric

Hi Eric,

I have the same video card as you do, and my FPS is decent.
The only thing I did was lower the resolution to 800x600. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
Contact

"Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
> I just re-installed Halo to see if the new patches that
> have been coming out would fix the low fps
> problem..well..it didnt' really. I reformatted a week or
> so ago, and just installed it without even installing
> anti virus or Word or other things that are vital. I'm
> still getting low fps. I'm not stupid, I've tried the
> FAQ's and tutorials on MS web pages, nothing really
> works. There's too many options and I don't know how to
> get best performance. You tell me what YOU think I should
> have ALL of my settings on, what my command line should
> look like etc:
>
> NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 64MB (Latest Drivers)
> Pentium 4, 2.0 GHZ Processor
> 40 GB HD,
> 512 MB RAM
> Creative SB Live! Value (WDM)
> DirectX 9.0b
> Ethernet Card - Cable Internet
>
> Please don't give me one of the FAQ's off the Microsoft
> site, I've read through them, and they don't do anything.
> Please help me configure my HALO PC game to run as smooth
> and enjoyable as possible. Thank you.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

thanks for the response Jimmy. But I think the other
things in my computer must have some effect on the game's
performance. I can run Battle Field 1942, Medal of Honor,
and other high end games perfectly fine, with beautiful
performance and good FPS. Can you please reccomend or
check what your settings are on and tell me in the Halo
options what my options should be, and what the command
line should have. Should I use the '-useff or the
use14/use11' command? I need some help here. The game
looks like garbage in 800X600. It's all crisp and choppy
looking. thanks

Shell / User
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

>Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=FH;[LN];gms
>Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite:
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
>Contact
>MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=sz;en-us;top
>My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
confer any rights.

>"Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Hello everyone,
>> I just re-installed Halo to see if the new patches that
>> have been coming out would fix the low fps
>> problem..well..it didnt' really. I reformatted a week
or
>> so ago, and just installed it without even installing
>> anti virus or Word or other things that are vital. I'm
>> still getting low fps. I'm not stupid, I've tried the
>> FAQ's and tutorials on MS web pages, nothing really
>> works. There's too many options and I don't know how to
>> get best performance. You tell me what YOU think I
should
>> have ALL of my settings on, what my command line should
>> look like etc:
>>
>> NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 64MB (Latest Drivers)
>> Pentium 4, 2.0 GHZ Processor
>> 40 GB HD,
>> 512 MB RAM
>> Creative SB Live! Value (WDM)
>> DirectX 9.0b
>> Ethernet Card - Cable Internet
>>
>> Please don't give me one of the FAQ's off the Microsoft
>> site, I've read through them, and they don't do
anything.
>> Please help me configure my HALO PC game to run as
smooth
>> and enjoyable as possible. Thank you.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Eric
>

>.

Hi,

I don't use any command lines at all. I just run
the game clean in 800x600 resolution. Maybe
you should try reinstalling your video drivers to
see if that makes a difference. Remember too
that our Ti4200's are low end cards.. :)

Take a look at this just the same:
http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/halopcperformancefaq.html