Can anyone recommend DOWNGRADING from my P4 2.26?

wockawocka

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Currently I have been running a 2.26 'B' on an Asus P4S533 Mobo (clocked to 2500+, very nice I must admit but I have in my posession two 1.4Ghz (512 cache)P3 Tualatins's

Would a Dual cpu board with these chips be better than my current setup. I intend to use XP on it and understand that not all software uses dual cpus but I mainly use office programs, outlook and internet explorer.

I don't do none of that divx, mp3, gaming stuff much either.

I need a recommendation for a Dual cpu board as well.

Thanks peeps!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You can't run dual P4's unless they are XEON processors, which requires a very expensive motherboard with different sockets.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, I missed the second half of the first sentence!

I don't think you'd see a boost, because you'd have to be doing several apps simultaniously before you began to make good use of the second CPU.

You could just send those CPU's to me!

Oh, if you really wanted to do it, the best boards would be BX or i840. i840 is expensive, and finding a dual BX board with 133MHz bus speed support is very difficult.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

icy_oblivion

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I would recommend selling the two P3 processors. They are still worth a good bit of money and that money could let you upgrade your computer somewhat.

<b>Just because I like AMD or Intel more at a time because of one product compared to another, does not make me a fan boy, it makes me a person who is able to make a descision for myself.</b>