Just Wondering

Scott

If it was such a good move for Gateway to acquire eMachines,
how come my Gateway stock continues to sink further into the
cellar?

Scott

It was not such a good move. It was a move out of desperation by both
companies, like HP-Compaq regardless of what Carly said at the time. Frankly, I
would never want the name of my company to be somehow associated with eMachines.

.... Ben Myers

On Wed, 04 May 2005 23:18:16 -0500, Scott <golden@uslink.net> wrote:

>If it was such a good move for Gateway to acquire eMachines,
>how come my Gateway stock continues to sink further into the
>cellar?
>
>Scott

Scott

Ben,

Yes, I suspected it was a move of desperation. But I thought eMachines
was a lean, well-run company that, unlike Gateway, was actually making
a profit. Maybe I should have bought Dell stock instead :)

Scott

Ben Myers wrote:

> It was not such a good move. It was a move out of desperation by both
> companies, like HP-Compaq regardless of what Carly said at the time. Frankly, I
> would never want the name of my company to be somehow associated with eMachines.
>
> ... Ben Myers
>
> On Wed, 04 May 2005 23:18:16 -0500, Scott <golden@uslink.net> wrote:
>
> >If it was such a good move for Gateway to acquire eMachines,
> >how come my Gateway stock continues to sink further into the
> >cellar?
> >
> >Scott

Agreed. The Country Stores were the first nail in the Gateway coffin. I get
involved a little bit in the rental of space for various commercial purposes.
Anything that is a storefront is not cheap to rent. Then the storefront has to
be outfitted with furnishings and displays. Add the inventory on hand, with the
expectation that it will sell. Absolutely stupid approach. Hey! Beyond
stupid, whatever it is called.

eMachines! Yuck! Ugh! Need I say more? More nails in the coffin. But maybe
Gateway will arise like Frankenstein from the grave. Don't bet on it. Better
odds in the lottery... Ben Myers