How many programs do you have on your XP system?

Franklin

I find freeware can be just too tempting and can lead to a bloated
system.

Using 'MyUninstaller' http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/myuninst.html
I can see I have 511 installed programs! Not just freeware of
course.

In addition there are those programs which didn't need any
installation. I reckon I have about 100 of these ready and
waiting to be used from a shortcut link on my menus.

And then there are all those programs which were so unimpressive
that they got uninstalled. I don't know how many of those there
were. 50? 100? 150?

Adding together my figures of 511 + 100 + approx 100 then I see my
XP system has had about 700 or maybe even 800 programs!

-------------

Other background info is :

Based on the creation date of the 'WINDOWS' folder, my WinXP is
about 30 months old (installed in Jan 2003).

The C drive, which also contains no substantial data, is 14 GB of
which 10 GB is used up.

The Program Files folder, which contains *no* substantial data
files, is a bit over 5 GB.

If I sort by size the installed programs list on MyUninstaller or
Add/Remove then the middle size is about 1.7 MB.
Largest program at 357 MB is MS hotfix KB896727 (Aug 2005).
Largest user application is Photoshop at 189 MB.

What sort of data do other people have?

Franklin wrote:
> I find freeware can be just too tempting and can lead to a bloated
> system.
>
> Using 'MyUninstaller' http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/myuninst.html
> I can see I have 511 installed programs! Not just freeware of
> course.
>
> In addition there are those programs which didn't need any
> installation. I reckon I have about 100 of these ready and
> waiting to be used from a shortcut link on my menus.
>
> And then there are all those programs which were so unimpressive
> that they got uninstalled. I don't know how many of those there
> were. 50? 100? 150?
>
> Adding together my figures of 511 + 100 + approx 100 then I see my
> XP system has had about 700 or maybe even 800 programs!

Doesn't sound like you are counting the middleware programs bundled into
Windows.

> -------------
>
> Other background info is :
>
> Based on the creation date of the 'WINDOWS' folder, my WinXP is
> about 30 months old (installed in Jan 2003).
>
> The C drive, which also contains no substantial data, is 14 GB of
> which 10 GB is used up.
>
> The Program Files folder, which contains *no* substantial data
> files, is a bit over 5 GB.
>
> If I sort by size the installed programs list on MyUninstaller or
> Add/Remove then the middle size is about 1.7 MB.
> Largest program at 357 MB is MS hotfix KB896727 (Aug 2005).
> Largest user application is Photoshop at 189 MB.
>
> What sort of data do other people have?

Don't know, and not anal enough to care.

--
Peace!
Kurt