Long Beach Washington Arcade?

Last response: in Video Games
June 24, 2005 11:58:26 PM

Has anyone been to the Dodge City Shooting Gallery in Long Beach
Washington which I hear has the largest public pinball collection in
the US recently? What times is it open? Does it still have a lot of
pins?
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 1:20:37 AM

I go to that area at least once a month as my friend built a new house
just north of Long Beach in Ocean Park. The last time I went by there a
couple of weeks ago Dodge City had not yet opened for the season (it's
a seasonal operation). They are only open a few months a year anyway
just for the tourists and even then it's just Friday-Saturday-Sunday
operation. They have around 20 pinballs, all late model Williams and
current Stern games. If you're looking for classic Bally or Gottlieb
pinballs forget it they don't have any. Neither do they have any
electro mechanical pinballs. The newest pin I saw thru the window was
Lord of the Rings. They keep a great playing Simpsons Pinball Party
right by the front door. I think there are probably alot more locations
that have more pinball machines than this location has.

The Funland video arcade one block down (same side of the street) is
open year round and has redemption, air hockey, video games, and laser
tag, but no pinballs.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 1:41:21 AM

How do I find out when this is open? I can't find the phone number for
this place.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 1:58:00 AM

I don't think Dodge City even has a phone. If there ever was a problem
there, the Police Station is right next door to the place!

I think the Dodge City change attendant has his own personal cell
phone, but I don't believe the business itself has a phone. I'm sure
you could call either the City of Long Beach Chamber of Commerce or the
Pacific County Visitor's Bureau and have someone there stop by Dodge
City and check the hours of operation.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 6:22:54 PM

The owner's name is Don. His phone number is 360-642-2129. You may have to
leave a message, but he will get back to you. If he doesn't, it may be
because the message was accidentally deleted (happened to me once). He's 7
days a week during the summer, and then weekends on the shoulder seasons.
He's closed on the off season.

The collection has every STERN except for Playboy (not good for a family
arcade). He had Sopranos last time I was there. He typically buys the new
machine with in a week from Mountain Coin gets them in.

As he gets new STERN machines, he's getting rid of Williams/Bally machines.
Last I looked he had

MM, SS, TOTAN, TAF, AFM, and some more I can't remember.

Don's really nice, and I end up talking shop with him for an hour when up
there.

Another cool thing to do in Long Beach is the Go-Karts on the south end of
town. The staff is pretty crazy, and you can use them as bumper cars
(although the signs say they're ultra strict about that, they're not at
least with the crew I had that day).

!