Sign in with
Your question

What HD monitor to choose?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 13, 2010 6:15:13 PM

Hello. Have anyone got any suggestion for a good HD monitor? I am looking for a HD monitor with HDMI input in additional. I don't want to use a lot of money on this, but I do want it to be good. I want to stay far away from TN Panel monitor with backlights. HDCP compatible is also a must.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

More about : monitor choose

January 14, 2010 8:04:43 PM

Awesome monitor! Though I really do want HDMI, I want to use the monitor for PS3 also. And DVI doesn't transport audio |<.< --- :'(  | I'd like that.

Great suggestion though.

Anyone got any else suggestions?

I'd also like to know if this is a good monitor:

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/tft-monitor/benq-g2420hd/detail...

Does not have to be the very best.
Related resources
a b C Monitor
January 16, 2010 9:34:33 AM

Dell U2410? It's actually 1920x1200, but it can be set to maintain aspect ratio.
January 16, 2010 3:41:21 PM

Okay.

cjl, that's a great option.
I have now ordered Benq G2420HD, it got all the tech's that I want and it does seem like a good monitor due to that I found out a friend of me having it aswell.

Your's options guys are very nice I must say, but also a lot more expensive. And the ability to rotate the screen like that I don't think I would be using a lot, so better not pay for it either :- ]

a b C Monitor
January 16, 2010 6:22:40 PM

Just so you know, that's a TN monitor. The reason ours are more expensive is because of your request for non-TN panels.
January 16, 2010 7:29:57 PM

Yeah okay, well I did mention that I didn´t want TN panels with backlights.

But yes, I do not want TN panel. I dont really know much about monitors, and certainly did not some days ago. I also recently got to know more about TN panels, and therefore I will cancel my order. Thanks for telling me cjl. :love: 
January 16, 2010 8:05:51 PM

Ohh and don´t missunderstand cjl, I am considering you´r suggestion! I´d really like that monitor.
a b C Monitor
January 17, 2010 4:08:37 AM

siffolille said:
Yeah okay, well I did mention that I didn´t want TN panels with backlights.

But yes, I do not want TN panel. I dont really know much about monitors, and certainly did not some days ago. I also recently got to know more about TN panels, and therefore I will cancel my order. Thanks for telling me cjl. :love: 

What do you mean TN panels with backlights?

All LCDs have backlights - it's part of the way the screen displays images. This includes TN, VA, and IPS panels. Some use CCFL backlighting, and some use LED (both can look amazing, LED tends to use a bit less power).
January 17, 2010 9:43:33 AM

Okay, so what I meant was TN panels with back light bleeding.
a b C Monitor
January 17, 2010 12:25:19 PM

Ahh. That will happen to some degree with any panel (including non-TN panels). The severity does vary, but you won't find an LCD that doesn't bleed at all.
!