Status
Not open for further replies.

mackos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
Hi I have an Altec Lansing IM510 docking station for my Sansa MP3 player the IM510 has a sub out for a subwoofer which is no longer available from Altec.The subwoofer they made had the following specs,cont power 16 watts 8 ohms,response bandwidth 40-175Hz,sound output 95dB,bass reflex,integrated audio amp.I have contacted Altec who can't seem to help.So what I need is a subwoofer on its own or part of a set.ie Logitech Z523/Z323.I don't want to damage my docking station (as this one was to difficult to aqquire) by plugging the wrong thing in to it.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks Mack.

mackos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010

Hi thanks for the reply but the BB2001 which was the subwoofer I was after is out of stock & is not made by altec anymore.can you suggest any other subwoofer that might be compatible.thanks Mack.

mackos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
Hi Soundguruman I don't know if i am looking in the wrong place but i followed your Amazon link & here's the Buy link http://www.buy.com/prod/altec-lansing-bb2001-subwoofer-silver-altec-lansing-bb2001-subwoofer/q/loc/111/202699357.html both state product currently unobtainable.The reviews on these sites were 2006/2007 so presumably long gone.Do you not think that there is a subwoofer out there that will do the same job.can the sub out port on the docking station be harmed if the subwoofer is self powered.Look forward to your feedback.Thanks Mack.

is it just a RCA jack or 3.5 mm jack? if so you can use a powered subwoofer, any one.
If it's a standard jack no need to worry about damaging it. I'm not sure about the jack because it does not show in the pictures I'm looking at.
jsc is right, a line out will run any powered sub.

mackos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010

thanks

mackos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.