Solved

BSOD Error

I have been getting these BSOD errors about 5-10 minutes after logging on to Windows. I have Blue Screen View and it says the BSOD was caused by ntoskrnl.exe. How could I fix this error?

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

Stop code: 0x000000f4 (00000000`00000003) (fffffa80`047b9220) (fffffa80`047b9500) (fffff800`04584510)

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
emachines ET1831
8Gb RAM
Intel Celeron CPU 420 @ 1.65GHz
320Gb Hard Drive
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about bsod error
  1. I would run both memtest86+ and a hard drive scan(do not run normal hard drive scans if you have an SSD).

    Memtest 86+
    http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

    Bad memory causes more blue screens then one would guess. If the hard drive is having issues, normally a board will warn you, but never a bad idea to check as well.
  2. How would I do this?
  3. memtest86+ is a bootable CD that can test memory without having to enter the operating system.

    It should be burned from a good known system.

    What version of windows do you have? I would guess Vista or 7 with that much memory on the system.

    Windows 7 can burn ISOs with its own built in software(I forget if Vista did too, it has been a while). You just double click the iso and it will ask you to burn it(CD or DVD will work).
  4. breezyfye said:
    I have been getting these BSOD errors about 5-10 minutes after logging on to Windows. I have Blue Screen View and it says the BSOD was caused by ntoskrnl.exe. How could I fix this error?

    CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

    Stop code: 0x000000f4 (00000000`00000003) (fffffa80`047b9220) (fffffa80`047b9500) (fffff800`04584510)

    I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    emachines ET1831
    8Gb RAM
    Intel Celeron CPU 420 @ 1.65GHz
    320Gb Hard Drive

    The first thing is after it boots, turn off the antivirus and firewall, and all security,
    as quickly as possible, before BSOD.
    The security may prevent you from doing a repair.
    You can open the bios and set the CD DVD drive to boot first.
    put the windows 7 disk in the drive and start the system.
    select: upgrade
    this will reload the OS without erasing your personal files or programs.
    often it will shake out the bugs....sometimes just because it clears all the updates.

    But also, if you are trying to update the OS in an older machine, there can be incompatible updates.
    So you might want to shut off automatic updates, and load critical updates only.
    Otherwise you may automatically install an incompatible update....which causes the same BSOD problem to happen again.
    Also, the manufacturer website may have a list of incompatible updates for that hardware...

    Yes, updates can actually cause the problem, especially with older computers.
    And so one strategy is to shut the updates off.
    Then, control 'which' updates are installed...to avoid that incompatibility.
  5. nukemaster said:
    memtest86+ is a bootable CD that can test memory without having to enter the operating system.

    It should be burned from a good known system.

    What version of windows do you have? I would guess Vista or 7 with that much memory on the system.

    Windows 7 can burn ISOs with its own built in software(I forget if Vista did too, it has been a while). You just double click the iso and it will ask you to burn it(CD or DVD will work).


    Im letting the test run so far its says Pass 100% and Test 32% what do i do when the test is done?
  6. soundguruman said:
    The first thing is after it boots, turn off the antivirus and firewall, and all security,
    as quickly as possible, before BSOD.
    The security may prevent you from doing a repair.
    You can open the bios and set the CD DVD drive to boot first.
    put the windows 7 disk in the drive and start the system.
    select: upgrade
    this will reload the OS without erasing your personal files or programs.
    often it will shake out the bugs....sometimes just because it clears all the updates.

    But also, if you are trying to update the OS in an older machine, there can be incompatible updates.
    So you might want to shut off automatic updates, and load critical updates only.
    Otherwise you may automatically install an incompatible update....which causes the same BSOD problem to happen again.
    Also, the manufacturer website may have a list of incompatible updates for that hardware...

    Yes, updates can actually cause the problem, especially with older computers.
    And so one strategy is to shut the updates off.
    Then, control 'which' updates are installed...to avoid that incompatibility.


    My computer already had windows 7 installed, but it didn't come with a Windows 7 disk. Is there anyway to do this without the disk?
  7. breezyfye said:
    Im letting the test run so far its says Pass 100% and Test 32% what do i do when the test is done?

    At least a few passes on the bottom section should be good enough.

    In general real bad memory that causes blue screens will almost instantly stream errors like this.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img703/5977/badram.th.jpg
    Image hosted on imageshack.us

    breezyfye said:
    My computer already had windows 7 installed, but it didn't come with a Windows 7 disk. Is there anyway to do this without the disk?

    You may have a recovery option(A partition on the hard drive that was put on my the PC maker), but watch it some are destructive. I always recommend backing up files.

    If you know what kind of hard drive you have, you may be able to test it as well with a bootable CD.

    You may also be able to push F8 just before the Windows splash screen comes up and try to see if safe mode works without crashing as well. This may let you run other tools to check the system. Hard drive test for example.

    Last off, it never hurts to ensure that the heatsink for the cpu is clean(a compressed gas duster will remove dust very well) and the fan is in fact spinning right as well. Heat can cause all kinds of fun issues.
  8. nukemaster said:
    At least a few passes on the bottom section should be good enough.

    In general real bad memory that causes blue screens will almost instantly stream errors like this.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img703/5977/badram.th.jpg
    Image hosted on imageshack.us


    You may have a recovery option(A partition on the hard drive that was put on my the PC maker), but watch it some are destructive. I always recommend backing up files.

    If you know what kind of hard drive you have, you may be able to test it as well with a bootable CD.

    You may also be able to push F8 just before the Windows splash screen comes up and try to see if safe mode works without crashing as well. This may let you run other tools to check the system. Hard drive test for example.

    Last off, it never hurts to ensure that the heatsink for the cpu is clean(a compressed gas duster will remove dust very well) and the fan is in fact spinning right as well. Heat can cause all kinds of fun issues.


    I'm going to let it go for 3 passes but so far it has no errors, I did a Hard Drive check before and I got no errors. Yesterday I tried to recover the computer to the factory settings by pressing F8 but it said something about an application error.
  9. Best answer
    Ok well ram is quite unlikely if you get that many passes. If you had a BSOD once a 2-3 weeks, maybe ram would need extended testing.

    In windows, does gateway/emachines have some kind of recovery options?

    Had you installed anything new or was this just right out of the blue?

    You can fine LEGAL ISO's(To make a windows 7 DVD) of of the Win7 Install disc. This would be used for a full reinstall or to attempt the in place upgrade option listed above

    Make sure to pick the same one you have. You will need to use your key from the sticker under the laptop.

    http://www.w7forums.com/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads-t12325.html

    I still always recommend a backup(personal files) before installing.

    Also note that if you fresh install, you will have to locate drivers and any software from gateway/emachines will need to be reinstalled(and not always easy to find.). This has never stopped me from fresh installing any pre-built desktop I have used :)
  10. nukemaster said:
    Ok well ram is quite unlikely if you get that many passes. If you had a BSOD once a 2-3 weeks, maybe ram would need extended testing.

    In windows, does gateway/emachines have some kind of recovery options?

    Had you installed anything new or was this just right out of the blue?

    You can fine LEGAL ISO's(To make a windows 7 DVD) of of the Win7 Install disc. This would be used for a full reinstall or to attempt the in place upgrade option listed above

    Make sure to pick the same one you have. You will need to use your key from the sticker under the laptop.

    http://www.w7forums.com/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads-t12325.html

    I still always recommend a backup(personal files) before installing.

    Also note that if you fresh install, you will have to locate drivers and any software from gateway/emachines will need to be reinstalled(and not always easy to find.). This has never stopped me from fresh installing any pre-built desktop I have used :)


    I didn't install anything or download anything, it just came out of thin air. But I'm going to try using that iso, but I have to find a disk big enough. Thanks for the help though! :D
  11. Best answer selected by breezyfye.
  12. B.S.O.D Error got every week,please HELP me fix it.

    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1067

    Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1a
    BCP1: 00041287
    BCP2: 00000000
    BCP3: 00000000
    BCP4: 00000000
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 256_1

    Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\102212-19703-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Gugo\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-46281-0.sysdata.xml

    Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

    Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

    CPU Type DualCore Intel Pentium D 925, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)

    Motherboard Name Asus P5L-VM 1394 (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

    System Memory 2048 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
    DIMM1: Hynix 1 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
    DIMM3: Hynix 1 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)


    Video Adapter Radeon X1600/1650 Series (512 MB)

    Minidump

    Everest PC Report
  13. Your memory dump...
    Quote:
    A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
    to your computer.

    The problem seems to be caused by the following file: ntoskrnl.exe

    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

    If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
    restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
    these steps:

    Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
    If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
    for any Windows updates you might need.

    If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
    or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
    If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart
    your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
    select Safe Mode.

    Technical Information:

    *** STOP: 0x0000001a (0x00041287, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

    *** ntoskrnl.exe - Address 0x8309bd45 base at 0x8303d000 DateStamp 0x503f7f30


    Please burn and run memtest86+ overnight to check for memory errors.

    http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

    In general, It is best to start your own threads for a new topics in the future please.
  14. No errors :\ so what problem?

  15. You will have to check several things to see try to narrow it down.

    1. If you are overclocking, please reduce speeds to stock for testing
    2. Make sure all drivers are up to date. If you are using a dedicated video card, get the latest drivers for that as well
    http://ca.asus.com/en/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5LVM_1394/#download
    3. Ensure nothing is overheating. HWmon can show you many sensors, but can sometimes show high temps that don't exists(so chances are if you see a 127c sensor, its a false reading)
    http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    4. While one pass of memtest is good for most memory testing since failing stuff shows more quickly in most cases, It may not hurt to try removing and reinstalling your memory and expansion cards. Even trying with just one stick of ram may not be a bad idea.
Ask a new question

Read More

Blue Screen Ntoskrnl.Exe Windows 7