Sign in with
Your question

Problem using 60hz

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 14, 2010 11:09:44 PM

Hello,

I have a samsung p2370 monitor, which is about 5 months old, and as of today I can not use a refresh rate of 60hz. I was using the native resolution 1920x1080 at 60hz, but today the screen started showing random green pixels which would outline parts of the screen. The edge of the mouse would flash green pixels (where ever I moved it), my desktop picture had green pixels, and games were filled with flashing green pixels. I was looking online and came across dead and stuck pixels, but I dont think it is either of those things because the areas that show green change, and the screen looks fine on solid black (minus the outline of my mouse cursor)

I know its the monitor because this computer worked fine on a different monitor, and a different computer using the samsung monitor had the same issue.

I changed the resolution to 1920x1080 at 50hz and that helped a lot. There are still green pixels floating around my screen though, but much much less. However, I still dont like it and would prefer to use the native resolution at 60hz. Can anyone help me with this?

More about : problem 60hz

a c 193 C Monitor
January 15, 2010 1:11:16 PM

I what a somewhat similar strange issue with my rig last summer...

On day all of the sudden the native resolution of 1920 x 1200 created a lot of artifacts on my screen. Nothing I did, including updating the GPU drivers, worked. The monitor only worked fine if I switched to 1920 x 1080 mode (or lower).

After about 4 weeks of research I decided something within Windows XP had to have been corrupted. I decided to do a fresh install...

Problem solved.
!