Nov 11, 2002
system

ASUS P4PE (w/o SATA)
PIV 2.4ghz (SL6EF)
Corsair pc3200 XMS @ 2-3-3-8T
Maxtor 80Gb 8Mb cache
Pioneer DVD 119
HP 9100 cdr/rw
Hercules Radeon 8500LE 128Mb (stock speed)

At the moment i don't have any tweaks or overclocks going on. The problem is that when i start my computer Asus post reporter says there is no HDD found after a while (when i reboot) it starts right up. These problems started when i connected the HP 9100. My PSU is a codegen 300W. I think the problem is the powersupply, i think it just doesnt give enough power to the HDD. IS this the problem? I had my sytem OC'd to 2.7ghz and ram running at ddr400 speed, but i clocked all back caus i thought this consumed to much power. I'm still using the stock intel HSF.
If it's the PSU then i'll have to replace it which should i choose, the zalman 400w or a superflower triple fan
520w. HSF will probably also be replaced as my cpu has oc potential (i can get it to boot w/o voltage mod to 3ghz but it shuts down in pcmark, probably need to raise the voltage) would the zalman 7000cnps be a good choice, imo this is the best i can get from the shop i normally buy my components.

SL6EF OC's GOOD

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
My guess is that you're right about it being a power supply problem. As for which power supply to get, none of the ones you list would have been my first thought, so I can't tell you which would be better.

<font color=blue><pre>If you don't give me accurate and complete system specs
then I can't give you an accurate and complete answer.</pre><p></font color=blue>