bill

Help,
Using Win XP ver 5.1 service pack 1
Why is my connection refused when trying to go to:
download.microsoft.com or contact.microsoft.com

Tried connecting after unistalling Norton - didn't work, Norton has been
reinstalled now. Tried going through firefox - no go.

Sent myself IE and attempted to download it, again no luck.

Help and thanks

Do you have those 2 sites blocked by any chance in IE\Properties\Privacy\Sites
--
Peter

"Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E51CCB54-7CCD-424E-B76A-BACFABB17249@microsoft.com...
> Help,
> Using Win XP ver 5.1 service pack 1
> Why is my connection refused when trying to go to:
> download.microsoft.com or contact.microsoft.com
>
> Tried connecting after unistalling Norton - didn't work, Norton has been
> reinstalled now. Tried going through firefox - no go.
>
> Sent myself IE and attempted to download it, again no luck.
>
> Help and thanks

bill

Not that I know, how do I double check?
Thanks

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Do you have those 2 sites blocked by any chance in IE\Properties\Privacy\Sites
> --
> Peter

> "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E51CCB54-7CCD-424E-B76A-BACFABB17249@microsoft.com...
> > Help,
> > Using Win XP ver 5.1 service pack 1
> > Why is my connection refused when trying to go to:
> > download.microsoft.com or contact.microsoft.com
> >
> > Tried connecting after unistalling Norton - didn't work, Norton has been
> > reinstalled now. Tried going through firefox - no go.
> >
> > Sent myself IE and attempted to download it, again no luck.
> >
> > Help and thanks

bill

i did check IE---Tools-Internet Options- no restricted sites