Client Filtering MN700

Can anyone tell me which ports to block when setting up
client filtering on my MN700?
All I'm doing is limiting internet access on the PC that
the kids use in the basement to certain hours. (in addition
to the parental controls)

"In the Outbound Port(s) boxes, type the outbound port
numbers for the data that you want to control."

I'd like to keep all functionality to the PC except
internet access, but I don't know enough about ports to
determine which ones. Would port 80 suffice?

Thanks in advance.
5 answers Last reply
More about client filtering mn700

    Well since it is only blocking the connection to the Internet I'd block
    port 1-65535. That will kill any IM program, file sharing program,
    spyware, & adware on there computer during that time period. File &
    printer sharing will still work because they are not denied access to
    the switch portion of the router or the wireless portion either. All
    they would be denied is the entire Internet.

    Rob wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me which ports to block when setting up
    > client filtering on my MN700?
    > All I'm doing is limiting internet access on the PC that
    > the kids use in the basement to certain hours. (in addition
    > to the parental controls)
    >
    > "In the Outbound Port(s) boxes, type the outbound port
    > numbers for the data that you want to control."
    >
    > I'd like to keep all functionality to the PC except
    > internet access, but I don't know enough about ports to
    > determine which ones. Would port 80 suffice?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Thanks very much, I wasn't clear on the concept.
    BTW..sorry for the triple post, I got an error when posting
    twice using Firefox, so I reposted using IE6.
    Cheers

    You really need to learn patience.

    People post in there spare time.

    When someone posts several times within a few minutes asking the same
    question I'm not very likely to help.

    Lucky for you I started my answer before your repeat posts made it to
    the newsgroup.

    Otherwise I would have ignored you.

    Rob wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me which ports to block when setting up
    > client filtering on my MN700?
    > All I'm doing is limiting internet access on the PC that
    > the kids use in the basement to certain hours. (in addition
    > to the parental controls)
    >
    > "In the Outbound Port(s) boxes, type the outbound port
    > numbers for the data that you want to control."
    >
    > I'd like to keep all functionality to the PC except
    > internet access, but I don't know enough about ports to
    > determine which ones. Would port 80 suffice?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Sorry.
    Thanks again for your time and knowledge.

    I'd recommend when you get an error posting if you post again to
    apologize mentioning you received an error. With that people become
    more willing to help.

    > Thanks very much, I wasn't clear on the concept.
    > BTW..sorry for the triple post, I got an error when posting
    > twice using Firefox, so I reposted using IE6.
    > Cheers

Routers Internet Access Hardware Microsoft Networking