Windows 7 64 Bit & Gigabyte Drivers Compatable?

mxknight07

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
Alright, so today I installed windows 7 64 bit because i upgraded to 6GBs of ram. I put in the driver disk for my mobo and went to install them and only the dynamic energy saver installed. No matter how many times i installed the rest of the drivers they do not actually get installed. Any ideas?

xrodney

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I dont bother with installing hw drivers from CD they are often betwen months to years old and obsolete.
Nice thing with W7 is that it install about any driver you need from instalation CD and or update. All you would need is to download latest driver for graphic card, chipset and eventually soundcard unless you using some nonstandard device that w7 dont know about.

marcellis22

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Depending on the model of motherboard and CPU, you probably have either an Intel or Nvidia chip set, hardware Win7 will already have drivers for as you found out. As arges86 suggests, you may want to try either the Motherboards or the Chip sets manufacturers site(s) for the absolute latest drivers... But unless it's bleeding edge new, you should be good to go!