Sign in with
Your question

How do I run a 32 bit program on a HP 64 bit laptop?

Last response: in Windows 7
October 20, 2012 11:10:21 PM

So, I found this game I used to play a very long time ago. So I found it as torrent and downloaded it. But when I press the install.exe file it says that "This version of this file is not compatible with the Windows-version you're using. Check your computers systeminformation if you need an x86 or x64 version (32 bit and 64 bit) of the program."
I've tried everything! I've been googling this for hours... *so desperate*
I tried the Program Compatibility Wizard thing. Didn't work.
Help please?
a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
October 20, 2012 11:17:47 PM

Sorry, but you won't get any help for pirated games on toms' hardware.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 21, 2012 12:22:29 AM

rgd1101 said:
Sorry, but you won't get any help for pirated games on toms' hardware.

^ Agree! Go here http://www.gog.com/ buy the game and then come back if you can't get it to run. Otherwise you are out of luck.
m
l
Related resources
a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
October 21, 2012 12:31:19 AM

As with the above users, it is against the rules.

Just to clear up for any future users

32-bit programs are not a problem for 64-bit windows btw it would be a 16-bit component(installer).
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 21, 2012 2:12:04 AM

mooosh said:
So, I found this game I used to play a very long time ago. So I found it as torrent and downloaded it. But when I press the install.exe file it says that "This version of this file is not compatible with the Windows-version you're using. Check your computers systeminformation if you need an x86 or x64 version (32 bit and 64 bit) of the program."
Help please?

Its likely not that it is a 32 bit program, 32 bit programs run fine under a 64 bit OS. However, many programs that were made to run on early versions of Windows before Vista, do have problems running on newer versions, like Win 7. There is a simple fix/work around, but as stated, since you have downloaded this program illegally, I wont elaborate further.
m
l
January 12, 2013 1:29:27 PM

Don't get so high and mighty if you don't know all the facts. The game he used to play 'a very long time ago' is probably free to play now but as he does not specify we can't say if he has downloaded it illegally as you state.

The old program is probably 16bit and won't run in a 64bit OS anyway. I won't help any further until I know if it's legal or not.
m
l
March 31, 2013 5:23:09 PM

jitpublisher said:
mooosh said:
Help please?

Its likely not that it is a 32 bit program, 32 bit programs run fine under a 64 bit OS. However, many programs that were made to run on early versions of Windows before Vista, do have problems running on newer versions, like Win 7. There is a simple fix/work around, but as stated, since you have downloaded this program illegally, I wont elaborate further.

Please email me the instructions at jgdragonflame@gmail.com. I'm not trying to use an illegal download just a free program i found online. all help is appreciated.
m
l
!