TECH: Mr. and Mrs Pac Man sound weirdness

Finally got a Mr. and Mrs. Pac Man running that had a number of
problems. Unfortunately, in setting the sound options, I seem to have
lost the FX.

The MPU was replaced and all options cleared by loss of battery power
in that process. BEFORE I knew about setting option 18 in the setup,
I could get sound effects but no voice or waka waka sound. AFTER
setting option 18 to 03, I get voice and waka waka, but when you hit
something that should have a sound effect, the waka waka goes silent,
but there's no effect sound.

Any ideas why this happened, or what to check?
4 answers Last reply
More about tech sound weirdness

    The sound board has 2 volume controls... one for voice, and one for sound
    effects...

    did you check these...

    Philip

    "Vic Ireland" <vicNOS*P*A*Mireland@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > Finally got a Mr. and Mrs. Pac Man running that had a number of
    > problems. Unfortunately, in setting the sound options, I seem to have
    > lost the FX.
    >
    > The MPU was replaced and all options cleared by loss of battery power
    > in that process. BEFORE I knew about setting option 18 in the setup,
    > I could get sound effects but no voice or waka waka sound. AFTER
    > setting option 18 to 03, I get voice and waka waka, but when you hit
    > something that should have a sound effect, the waka waka goes silent,
    > but there's no effect sound.
    >
    > Any ideas why this happened, or what to check?

    Yes, I've run both pots on the sound board to max and min a few times.
    The "sound" one is the one that does the waka waka and USED to do the
    effects. I used to have effects when rollovers and targets were hit,
    but no waka waka. Now I have waka waka, but no sound effects (just
    voice, run through the other pot).

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 02:58:53 -0400, "Philip Lathroum"
    <lathroum@cablespeed.com> wrote:

    > The sound board has 2 volume controls... one for voice, and one for sound
    >effects...
    >
    >did you check these...
    >

    >Philip
    >
    >"Vic Ireland" <vicNOS*P*A*Mireland@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >> Finally got a Mr. and Mrs. Pac Man running that had a number of
    >> problems. Unfortunately, in setting the sound options, I seem to have
    >> lost the FX.
    >>
    >> The MPU was replaced and all options cleared by loss of battery power
    >> in that process. BEFORE I knew about setting option 18 in the setup,
    >> I could get sound effects but no voice or waka waka sound. AFTER
    >> setting option 18 to 03, I get voice and waka waka, but when you hit
    >> something that should have a sound effect, the waka waka goes silent,
    >> but there's no effect sound.
    >>
    >> Any ideas why this happened, or what to check?

    IIRC there is also a switch setting that controls background sound
    effects. Used to have one, and lost sound (and some other things) when
    I moved the pin to the new house. Seemed odd that the switches were
    changed, but that's what happened. LOTS of vibration in the back of a
    moving van, I guess. Check your dip switches...

    All I found was attract mode sound on the hard dip switches. The
    "feature" sounds seem to be controlled by option 18 on the software
    setup. Still have no effects that I used to have before I turned on
    the voice.

    On 26 Jun 2005 09:17:36 -0700, rwkeown@yahoo.com wrote:

    >IIRC there is also a switch setting that controls background sound
    >effects. Used to have one, and lost sound (and some other things) when
    >I moved the pin to the new house. Seemed odd that the switches were
    >changed, but that's what happened. LOTS of vibration in the back of a
    >moving van, I guess. Check your dip switches...

Games Video Games