Slipstreamed SP2 query

I tried booting from a slip-streamed XP SP2 CD. Bootup progressed some way,
then an error message that file "aic78xx.sys" not found, and bootup
terminated.

It seems the file is an Adaptec driver for CD etc drives. One wonders, if
it is required, why is it not on the slipstreamed CD? I checked - it's on
the original XP SP1 CD (in the I386 folder - in the compressed aic78xx.sy_
form of course.)

Not much point in making another slipstreamed CD if the same is going to
re-occur.

Any ideas?

TIA

Pemo

--
,-._|\
/ Oz \ Melbourne

    Hello,

    There was probably some error in burning the slipstreamed CD. Try to create a slipstreamed CD again
    with a lower burn speed and give it a try !

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Pemo" <pemo_832@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23U2lJlnnFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    >I tried booting from a slip-streamed XP SP2 CD. Bootup progressed some way, then an error message
    >that file "aic78xx.sys" not found, and bootup terminated.
    >
    > It seems the file is an Adaptec driver for CD etc drives. One wonders, if it is required, why is
    > it not on the slipstreamed CD? I checked - it's on the original XP SP1 CD (in the I386 folder -
    > in the compressed aic78xx.sy_ form of course.)
    >
    > Not much point in making another slipstreamed CD if the same is going to re-occur.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Pemo
    >
    > --
    > ,-._|\
    > / Oz \ Melbourne
    > \_,--.x/ Australia

    Get Autostreamer. This software will help you to create a "working"
    slipstreamed SP2 install CD.

    One other thing you can try: before burning the new SP2 CD to a CD-R, try
    it to a CD-RW. This way, if the boot files (rarely), you do not have a
    "coaster".

    Pemo Wrote:
    > I tried booting from a slip-streamed XP SP2 CD. Bootup progressed some
    > way,
    > then an error message that file "aic78xx.sys" not found, and bootup
    > terminated.
    >
    > It seems the file is an Adaptec driver for CD etc drives. One wonders,
    > if
    > it is required, why is it not on the slipstreamed CD? I checked -
    > it's on
    > the original XP SP1 CD (in the I386 folder - in the compressed
    > aic78xx.sy_
    > form of course.)
    >
    > Not much point in making another slipstreamed CD if the same is going
    > re-occur.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Pemo
    >
    > --
    > ,-._|\
    > / Oz \ Melbourne
    > \_,--.x/ Australia

    Just adding another site to help you out because this is where I
    learned it from....so hope you get it too...peace
    www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp1_cd.htm

    --
    Evolution54

    "Evolution54" <Evolution54.1totpo@pcbanter.net> wrote:

    > Just adding another site to help you out because this is where I
    > learned it from....so hope you get it too...peace
    > www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp1_cd.htm

    Thanks. I'll try that.

    Pemo

    --
    ,-._|\
    / Oz \ Melbourne

    On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:34:00 +1000, "Pemo" <pemo_832@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Thanks. I'll try that.

    I came into this thread late so don't know if this has already been
    suggested but....

    Give AutoStreamer version 1.0.33 a try.
    http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=223562

    I have tired all the manual methods (with success) but AutoStreamer
    was so easy and fool proof.

    Regards,
    Ed

Windows XP Microsoft CD-Rom