Slipstreamed SP2 query

August 12, 2005 3:33:35 AM

I tried booting from a slip-streamed XP SP2 CD. Bootup progressed some way,
then an error message that file "aic78xx.sys" not found, and bootup
terminated.

It seems the file is an Adaptec driver for CD etc drives. One wonders, if
it is required, why is it not on the slipstreamed CD? I checked - it's on
the original XP SP1 CD (in the I386 folder - in the compressed aic78xx.sy_
form of course.)

Not much point in making another slipstreamed CD if the same is going to
re-occur.

Any ideas?

TIA

Pemo

--
,-._|\
/ Oz \ Melbourne

More about : slipstreamed sp2 query

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 3:33:36 AM

Hello,

There was probably some error in burning the slipstreamed CD. Try to create a slipstreamed CD again
with a lower burn speed and give it a try !

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Pemo" <pemo_832@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23U2lJlnnFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I tried booting from a slip-streamed XP SP2 CD. Bootup progressed some way, then an error message
>that file "aic78xx.sys" not found, and bootup terminated.
>
> It seems the file is an Adaptec driver for CD etc drives. One wonders, if it is required, why is
> it not on the slipstreamed CD? I checked - it's on the original XP SP1 CD (in the I386 folder -
> in the compressed aic78xx.sy_ form of course.)
>
> Not much point in making another slipstreamed CD if the same is going to re-occur.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> Pemo
>
> --
> ,-._|\
> / Oz \ Melbourne
> \_,--.x/ Australia

August 12, 2005 3:33:36 AM

Get Autostreamer. This software will help you to create a "working"
slipstreamed SP2 install CD.

One other thing you can try: before burning the new SP2 CD to a CD-R, try
it to a CD-RW. This way, if the boot files (rarely), you do not have a
"coaster".

"Pemo" <pemo_832@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I tried booting from a slip-streamed XP SP2 CD. Bootup progressed some
>way, then an error message that file "aic78xx.sys" not found, and bootup
>terminated.
>
> It seems the file is an Adaptec driver for CD etc drives. One wonders, if
> it is required, why is it not on the slipstreamed CD? I checked - it's
> on the original XP SP1 CD (in the I386 folder - in the compressed
> aic78xx.sy_ form of course.)
>
> Not much point in making another slipstreamed CD if the same is going to
> re-occur.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> Pemo
>
> --
> ,-._|\
> / Oz \ Melbourne
> \_,--.x/ Australia

August 13, 2005 6:32:49 AM

Pemo Wrote:
> I tried booting from a slip-streamed XP SP2 CD. Bootup progressed some
> way,
> then an error message that file "aic78xx.sys" not found, and bootup
> terminated.
>
> It seems the file is an Adaptec driver for CD etc drives. One wonders,
> if
> it is required, why is it not on the slipstreamed CD? I checked -
> it's on
> the original XP SP1 CD (in the I386 folder - in the compressed
> aic78xx.sy_
> form of course.)
>
> Not much point in making another slipstreamed CD if the same is going
> re-occur.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> Pemo
>
> --
> ,-._|\
> / Oz \ Melbourne
> \_,--.x/ Australia

Just adding another site to help you out because this is where I
learned it from....so hope you get it too...peace
www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp1_cd.htm

--
Evolution54
Anonymous

"Evolution54" <Evolution54.1totpo@pcbanter.net> wrote:

> Just adding another site to help you out because this is where I
> learned it from....so hope you get it too...peace
> www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp1_cd.htm

Thanks. I'll try that.

Pemo

--
,-._|\
/ Oz \ Melbourne

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:34:00 +1000, "Pemo" <pemo_832@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Thanks. I'll try that.

I came into this thread late so don't know if this has already been
suggested but....

Give AutoStreamer version 1.0.33 a try.
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=223562

I have tired all the manual methods (with success) but AutoStreamer
was so easy and fool proof.

Regards,
Ed
!