Sign in with
Your question

How to make a virus infected memory card work

Last response: in Digital Camera
February 17, 2013 12:21:42 AM

my memory card has a picture in it bt it shows empty
February 18, 2013 8:10:03 AM

Simply format the memory card with the help of computer or scan the memory card with the latest updated antivirus program
m
l
February 19, 2013 7:53:16 PM

avino said:
my memory card has a picture in it bt it shows empty

Are you trying to save the picture(s) that's on the card, or just make the card usable and remove the virus?

If you don't care about the picture, format the card in the camera. (Your camera should have an option to format the card). All pictures will be lost, but the card will be clean of viruses.
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2013 1:01:28 AM

You must need to format your memory card to make it virus free. If you have not used your memory card after the virus infection you still can get your photos back even formatting it with a good photo recovery software. Most of the software come with the demo version with the demo version you will see the preview of recoverable photos, It it works for you, you can go for the full version. After lots of research I found http://www.stellarphotorecoverysoftware.com/ . Lots of good testimonials are available for It, but still try its free version first to check it works for you or not . Good Luck.
m
l
February 20, 2013 1:40:11 AM

The virus attack often causes the empty memory card problem. Don’t panic! The following thing you should do is to format it and clean the virus completely.
But, in order to copy off your pictures on this memory card, you need a free memory card recovery tool before the format stuff.
I find this freeware there: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/292720-32-memory-card...
Best wishes!

m
l
April 27, 2013 3:12:54 PM

hey , you can get the picture back without any software,
after you copy your picture, you can format the usb.
go to CMD
type in : attrib -h -r -s /s /d x:\*.* (x is the letter drive of your usb)
m
l
!