Sign in with
Your question

USB Device Not Recognized... Help, Please

Last response: in Windows 7
October 21, 2012 12:39:59 AM

I am going to state this problem as clear as possible. I was playing Blacklight Retribution and when the next match came, randomly, My Mouse stopped working. It is a USB Mouse and It was fully connected to my USB Port, And I exited the game. Afterwards I took out my Mouse and plugged it back into my USB and it said USB Device Not Recognized. I have tried:

1. Tried plugging it into 3 different USB Ports.
2. Uninstalled all my USB Drivers, and it automatically Reinstalled all of them, except the one with the mouse plugged in.
3. System Restore
4. Plugged in my Flash drive and it worked properly, it is only the mouse driver that is messed up.
5. Slipped out, and Slipped back in my battery.

Please help, I am a PC Gamer, and I need my Mouse.

More about : usb device recognized

a b $ Windows 7
October 21, 2012 1:09:10 AM

is still saying device not recognized?

Have you pressed the connect buttons on the reciever and mouse so that they synch?
m
l
October 21, 2012 1:19:51 AM

danny2000 said:
is still saying device not recognized?

Have you pressed the connect buttons on the reciever and mouse so that they synch?

No it is still not recognized, that is why I am posting it on this forum. What do you mean by Connect buttons on the reciever and mouse?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 21, 2012 1:23:20 AM

Well it is a wireless mouse, right?
On wireless mice and keyboards, there is a little round 'button' on the underside of the mouse and keyboard that iniates communication between the wireless device and the wireless receiver.
m
l
October 21, 2012 2:01:29 AM

No, It is a wired mouse.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 21, 2012 2:19:47 AM

Do you have another computer or laptop to test that mouse on?
m
l
October 21, 2012 2:43:56 AM

danny2000 said:
Do you have another computer or laptop to test that mouse on?

Actually Yes, I do, but it is not mine, but I will check it asap
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 21, 2012 2:58:32 AM

okay
m
l
October 21, 2012 12:34:54 PM

danny2000 said:
okay

Thanks for your help, as I was plugging it into the other computer the I noticed the USB input part was dirty on my Mouse which is probably that. And It was not working on the other computer.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 21, 2012 1:03:50 PM

danny2000 Many of the USB mice do NOT have the "sync" button. Have about 5 and none do. The sync button is normally found on all wireless "Blue tooth" mice & Keyboards".

3 Options
1) Mouse usb connection (you said Looked dirty). Tried cleaning, probably did And sounds like that fixed it

For future reference:
2) You said you removed and re-inserted Battery. Have you replaced.
.. If the battery is a rechargable then the battery charger or the battery could be dead. For rechargable battery only two ways to check: Best with a $15 voltmeter (walmart), 2nd is to replace, but if charger is bad may not charge new battery as they normally require charging before use. However it may have enough juice to make a quick check with out charging first - Key word here is "MAY" So again the Voltmerter is best, Not only is it cheak:
.. A) Very simple to use.
.. B) Can be invaluable around the Computer and very handy for the Home and car.
.. C) How simple to use, Just google "How to use a digital voltmete" - So simple a cave women could do it. No Put down on ladies, but using men might violate some trademark - LOLs

3) Mouse has gone to Mouse great beyound.
m
l
October 21, 2012 4:36:20 PM

If it doesn't work after you clean it, maybe it's RMA time?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 21, 2012 6:33:08 PM

232064,10,131326 said:
danny2000 Many of the USB mice do NOT have the "sync" button. Have about 5 and none do. The sync button is normally found on all wireless "Blue tooth" mice & Keyboards".

I totally know that but I was under the impression that he was in-fact using a wireless mouse, as evidenced by my question itself.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 21, 2012 6:52:22 PM

Missed my point
Two types of USB wireless, Plain Jane USB (most common) and
2nd is Bluetooth. Bluetooth can come in two flavors also, (1) For Bluetooth enable MBs (Notmally laptops) - this would NOT require a USB port and (2) Bluetooth Mouse (and Keyboards) that come with a USB receiver

My point was that NOT all wireless mice require sync, only the Bluetooth. The "plain Jane" wireless is probably more common than the "bluethooth", But than thats just a guess. My Laptops are bluetooth enabled, But I still use a wireless "Plane Jane" Usb Mouse. - Neither can be used on a Plane.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 21, 2012 7:20:34 PM

My "plain jane" wireless mouse requires synch and every bluetooth that I've seen requires some kind of synch to the receiver, whether on the motherboard or via the external USB receiver..

Regardless of that, I would try another mouse on your system as it seems as though your mouse is bad as evidenced by the fact that it did not work on the other computer.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 21, 2012 7:24:43 PM

danny - YES BLUETOOTH DOES require sync, But your "plain Jane (non-bluetooth) is the exception. Have about 6 or 7 usb wireless NON Bluetooth mice and NONE require sync.
m
l
October 21, 2012 8:57:32 PM

What model of mouse do you use?

Also, most RF mice I've seen use some kind of sync button. Mostly logitech and som microsoft.
m
l
November 21, 2012 2:18:22 PM

I have this problem too. Going to start a new thread here.
m
l
!