Which of my recording devices should I use?

elissparke88

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
I'm trying to make some youtube videos for a band. I have a bunch of devices that record video. If you had to choose between one of these, which one would you use for best quality? None of them seem to record 1080p well except the LifeCam, but the software doesn't support it.

1) Microsoft LiveCam Studio (webcam)
2) Camera on my Nexus S (android phone)
3) Camera on my T-mobile G2 (android phone)
4) Camera on my Macbook Pro Retina (laptop camera)
5) Panasonic Lumix dmc-fx01 (point and shoot camera)
6) Camera on my EeePC 1000HE (netbook camera)

I think it would be better if you get a proper 1080p camcorder for the job (can get one for around $250). You can see the entire stage and can also zoom to individual band member, as well as the directional mic that cuts out some of the background noise is worth it.

RobertBaratheon

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

I have to agree with Pyree here. Even finding a used one would add tremendous production value. But if spending money is out of the question I would suggests the Panasonic. But only if you put it on a tripod! And shoot in a well lit space!

I'm not familiar with most of these cameras. Do some basic tests. Shoot the same thing, e.g. you standing in the same room (preferably the same places you plan on shooting this video) bouncing a ball, with each camera and see which looks the best.