Wndows 7 desktop PC will not start up

Gordon 13

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012
Hello,
My Wndows 7 desktop PC will not start up. I've tried to boot from the Windows CD without success. When I boot up from the CD it asks if I want to use 'Launch Startup Repair' facility but the keyboard is inoperative so it starts by default. Then I get a blue screen with varying shades of blue (no text) and that's as far as it gets. Prior to this it was working fine. I have had Norton 360 installed for about a month and prior to that Bitdefender Internet Security. I'd be happy to just re-install the OS if I could get that far.

If you start your computer you can get into the bios correct? Then set the first boot device as the dvd drive that the Windows disk will be in and save and exit. Then boot the computer and see if it will run the install disk.
Do you have an old keyboard laying around that has the ps/2 connector? You can use that instead of the usb one since there is no usb support when your trying to load or do a repair.

Gordon 13

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012

Hi inzone,
My PC doen't have any PS/2 connections., I'm not able to access the bios. The standard keyboard from HP is bluetooth, although I prefer to use USB keyboard,

Gordon 13

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012

Hi dodger, What specs do you require?
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1120a Desktop PC,
Intel Core i5 2310 2.9GHZ
16Gb Ram, 1Tb HDD
Windows7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

If you have a bluetooth keyboard then that's why it's not working untill you get to Windows, there is no support for bluetooth in bios and you can use a usb keyboard in the bios because there is support for it.
Unless you can get a keyboard that is usb then you can't enter the bios and try changing things so you can fix your computer. There isn't much of an option.

Gordon 13

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012

Sorry inzone , I wasn't clearer, I have been using a USB keyboard.