Status
Not open for further replies.

Figwit

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2003
Hey, not only are they slow, but now they are going to raise their prices. Why would anyone buy one of these stupid processors when you can get an Intel P4 that has real MHz, doesn't melt and burn up, isn't as noisy as a freight train, and doesn't have compatability problems?

AMD sucks!

<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=8620" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=8620</A>

Makaveli

Splendid
I'll be the first to post in this Flaming Thread. The article clearly states they are following intel. So if AMD sucks then so must Intel.

I'm a proud Athlon XP owner. So if you don't like them don't buy em. Just STFU with the slander, I hope a mod closes this sad ass Thread.

I'm shouldn't even have written anything to this! I feel like I just lost some of my intelligence by even reading this.

One more thing why don't u give us some specs on your rig!

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Lol! Dude, you need to take your Prozac. AMD processors are fine. And no, they don't commonly melt and burn up, and they aren't particularly noisy. Newer XP's run cooler than newer P4s. And, by the way...AMD processors run on REAL mhz too! And 1 AMD mhz is better than 1 P4 mhz. Educate yourself, man! Yes, Intels are probably a tiny bit faster overall, but there is actually very little difference between the two.

<-----Insert witty sig line here.

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
um, dude are you ok? oh no wait your just an uninformed Idiot =)

mhz dont mean everything.. an althon can complete more in one clock cycle than a P4 can. why am i explaining this?

actually... when i read this thread.. almost seems sarcastic, like he is an AMD fan TRYING to get a anti Intel flamewar going o_O

conspriacies abound!

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
um, dude are you ok? oh no wait your just an uninformed Idiot =)

mhz dont mean everything.. an althon can complete more in one clock cycle than a P4 can. why am i explaining this?

actually... when i read this thread.. almost seems sarcastic, like he is an AMD fan TRYING to get a anti Intel flamewar going o_O

conspriacies abound!

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
phial:

I saw your post was in reply to me, and I almost started crying. Then I decided you actually are replying to the guy who started the thread. :smile:

<-----Insert witty sig line here.

Wolfie

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Well AMD are a little behind in the cpu race at the moment but their cpu's can almost equal the same speed as Intel's cpu's with a much cheaper price tag even when the price rise happens cause Intel cpu's are on the rise too.

eden

Champion
LOL, Hey DH should we kinda, tell 'em already?
Man the forum really is still sensitive.

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
LOL, Hey DH should we kinda, tell 'em already?
Let me go out on a limb here.... FigWit is a non-existent person, formed out of an alliance between Dhlucke and Eden - bent on spreading discord and confusion throughtout THGC, so they can grab power in the confusion! :smile:

It's a conspiracy... or an April fools scam... Or it might be an idiot I suppose....

---
:smile: :tongue: :smile:

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
In the imortal words of the human torch...."FLAME ON!" Let the torching begin...muahahahaha

Any man can withstand adversity...The true test of character is to give a man power <i>Abraham Lincoln</i>

tombance

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
Its another nostalgic attempt to create a flame war that many have admitted to missing in the 'other' section. I thought they wanted to get rid of flame wars? Bum JCRules was talking the other day of how he wanted to see some more... strange eh? But still funny :smile:

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5467618 " target="_new">Almost Breaking 12k!!</A>

dhlucke

Polypheme
All I know is that Figwit is evil!

Lhgpoobaa is figwit as far as I can tell.

<font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS</font color=blue> <font color=red>AMERICA</font color=red>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
as much as i hate to admit, i miss amdmeltdowns posts. and for all you suckers that replyed very angrily sticking up for amd, it was a JOKE, damn people, get laid or somthing.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
ummm...people...

<i><b>CHECK THE POST DATE!</b></i> :wink:

(i'd say ibtl, but hardly anyone mods here.)

<i>I can love my fellow man...but I'm damned if I'll love yours.</i>

eden

Champion
Problem is, Figwit writes so much cleaner than LHG's grammar and syntax!

Who is Figwit, dum dum dum!

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:

jimbo99

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2003
I can't concurr. AMD processors are fine. They don't burn up, they aren't noisy, they are still cheaper then intel and perform better as well. I used to be "intel-only" until the AMD Athlon XPs came out. I'm grateful to AMD for the competition and the benefits of the reduced costs to me with much more power.

Anyone that thinks intel is cheaper, faster, and quieter is dillusional.

MegaCharger

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2003
Actually the price of the CPU itself is about the same, at least not a big enough difference. But when you account in the mobos/RAMs AMD is cheaper.

About speed, I thought the last test on THG show the 3.06Ghz is as fast as if not faster than the fastest Barton.

OH MAN! It's been a while since I laughed so hard at a FIGWIT of the imagination!!!!!!!

<font color=blue> Computer fans are really cooling fans for the user. When they run, the user is cool, but whenever they break, the user starts sweating!! </font color=blue>

jankphil

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
wow, talk about a flame war starter -_-, well i just finished modding my fans on my tbredb, i've got it running at 2.25ghz (2800+ which runs about the same as a 2.8ghz P4) with the cpu fan running i'd say about 3,000 rpm's, case fans going about 1500 rpm's, loudest thing in the case is my Allied PSU and my radeon 9700 pro fan. So loud can be avoided. Burning up at a high 51*C full load. I think i can deal with the high temp, low sound volume, and fast and flawless gameplay ^_^

"What kind of idiot are you?"
"I don't know, what kinds are there?"

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
No you guys are wrong, AMD sux, i mean look at my crap 1700xp, lol seriously though... it runs all new games flawlessly with a good 3d card, even with 4x anti and 4x ani enabled. Even splinter cell never slows down :) This has to be my best cpu purchase ever, i mean its lasted me 14 months and probably would be ok till end of year. Yeah it runs hot, its a palamino core, runs in the 50's but has always been super stable for me. I recently undervolted it to 1.675 volts and it idles in the 40's now while being just as stable.

P.S i hate uneducated ppl making stupid threads like this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.