Hi Res scan of Gorgar Playfield?

Hi all, I am restoring a Gorgar. I am going to try something that I
think is new. I want to cover small sections of wear with customized
stickers generated from an inkjet printer on transparent sticky paper.
The plan is to then clear coat over the stickers and sand till flat. (I
have a second playfield to use if this looks horrible) I am not
planning on selling this machine, it's for my family gameroom. Has
anyone tried this technique? Also, does anyone have a hi-res photo of a
Gorgar playfield that I could use? Thank you, Steve

Nothing new. Your color match will be tricky at best and the edge will be
prominent.
Better to have the art painted back in.

Greg

"Steve McCallie" <smccallie@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi all, I am restoring a Gorgar. I am going to try something that I
> think is new. I want to cover small sections of wear with customized
> stickers generated from an inkjet printer on transparent sticky paper.
> The plan is to then clear coat over the stickers and sand till flat. (I
> have a second playfield to use if this looks horrible) I am not
> planning on selling this machine, it's for my family gameroom. Has
> anyone tried this technique? Also, does anyone have a hi-res photo of a
> Gorgar playfield that I could use? Thank you, Steve

>Your color match will be tricky at best and the edge will be
prominent.

If it's transparent paper, you could try feathering the edges of the
image to make them blend in.

To make a colour match, print a test piece with a series of bracketed
images (each image a slightly different colour). put it on the
playfield to choose the best from this and then print another set with
colours very close to this one. Repeat and refine until you find the
perfect match.

Keith

Thank you Keith, I will definately use that technique to get a color
match. I also thought (if the edge is too prominent) that I could make
the patches exactly the same size and shape as standard Mylar stickers
and protect them with Mylar. This could make the Mylar too thick, but I
will do a dry run (not actually sticking it on) to see how that might
look.

Steve

TRENDING THREADS