Is there any software can be used to protect USB flash memory or its
contents?

Regards,
Sharif

Protect against what?

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"SRM" <sharif78@omantel.net.om> wrote in message
> Is there any software can be used to protect USB flash memory or its
> contents?
>
> Regards,
> Sharif

Don,
Definitely to protect from thieves or misused by anyone.

"Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
> Protect against what?
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "SRM" <sharif78@omantel.net.om> wrote in message
>> Is there any software can be used to protect USB flash memory or its
>> contents?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sharif

PKZIP encrypt the files you put on it.

SRM wrote:

> Don,
> Definitely to protect from thieves or misused by anyone.
>

> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
>
>>Protect against what?
>>

>>--
>>Don
>>Vancouver, USA
>>

>>"SRM" <sharif78@omantel.net.om> wrote in message
>>
>>>Is there any software can be used to protect USB flash memory or its
>>>contents?
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>Sharif

Flash drives are easily pulled from the computer and could be held for
ransom or destroyed. They wouldn't be a good choice to secure data. But if
you want to use them, consider a password program to protect your data.

I have one particular file, a list of e-mail addresses and their passwords
which I can't take a risk of loosing. I save a backup copy on my IP server,
password protected of course.

You may want to consider EasyFP, a file protection program that guards
against file theft which a file can't be opened or deleted unless the file
password is applied.

http://www.easyfp.com