How to protect USB flash memory ??

Is there any software can be used to protect USB flash memory or its
contents?

Regards,
Sharif
5 answers Last reply
More about protect flash memory

    I have had good success with Microsoft's own *free* flash manager utility.
    You can download it at
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94991901-bfc4-485e-bcae-c9df0accdaae&displaylang=en .

    --
    Bill F
    Dont believe everything you think.

    "SRM" wrote:

    > Is there any software can be used to protect USB flash memory or its
    > contents?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sharif

    Protect against what?

    --
    Don
    Vancouver, USA

    "SRM" <sharif78@omantel.net.om> wrote in message
    > Is there any software can be used to protect USB flash memory or its
    > contents?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sharif

    Don,
    Definitely to protect from thieves or misused by anyone.

    "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
    > Protect against what?
    >

    > --
    > Don
    > Vancouver, USA
    >

    > "SRM" <sharif78@omantel.net.om> wrote in message
    >> Is there any software can be used to protect USB flash memory or its
    >> contents?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Sharif

    PKZIP encrypt the files you put on it.

    SRM wrote:

    > Don,
    > Definitely to protect from thieves or misused by anyone.
    >

    > "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
    >
    >>Protect against what?
    >>

    >>--
    >>Don
    >>Vancouver, USA
    >>

    >>"SRM" <sharif78@omantel.net.om> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Is there any software can be used to protect USB flash memory or its
    >>>contents?
    >>>
    >>>Regards,
    >>>Sharif

    Flash drives are easily pulled from the computer and could be held for
    ransom or destroyed. They wouldn't be a good choice to secure data. But if
    you want to use them, consider a password program to protect your data.

    I have one particular file, a list of e-mail addresses and their passwords
    which I can't take a risk of loosing. I save a backup copy on my IP server,
    password protected of course.

    You may want to consider EasyFP, a file protection program that guards
    against file theft which a file can't be opened or deleted unless the file
    password is applied.

    http://www.easyfp.com

    --

    > Don,
    > Definitely to protect from thieves or misused by anyone.
    >

    > "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
    >> Protect against what?
    >>

    >> --
    >> Don
    >> Vancouver, USA
    >>

    >> "SRM" <sharif78@omantel.net.om> wrote in message
    >>> Is there any software can be used to protect USB flash memory or its
    >>> contents?
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> Sharif

Memory Microsoft USB Flash Software Windows XP