Dual-Monitor Card Recommendation

I just added a second monitor to my Dell Dimension 8250 system, a 1905FP
19-inch Flat Panel Monitor. I already had an older 19" 1900FP flat panel
monitor. Now my system is much slower and I think I need a newer graphics
card. The graphics card installed is a 64MB DRR GEFORCE4 TI 4200, TVOUT,
VID Crd. I also have 512 MB memory.

Any suggestions as to what graphics card I should buy?
Thanks in advance.

Terry Michal wrote:

> I just added a second monitor to my Dell Dimension 8250 system, a 1905FP
> 19-inch Flat Panel Monitor. I already had an older 19" 1900FP flat panel
> monitor. Now my system is much slower and I think I need a newer graphics
> card. The graphics card installed is a 64MB DRR GEFORCE4 TI 4200, TVOUT,
> VID Crd. I also have 512 MB memory.
>
> Any suggestions as to what graphics card I should buy?
> Thanks in advance.

Do you need dual DVI outputs or DVI & VGA? If you're not much of gamer,
Matrox makes some excellent dual DVI 2D cards. Most modern ATI/Nvidia
cards ought to work fine as well (although its tougher to find many with
dual DVI).

> Do you need dual DVI outputs or DVI & VGA? If you're not much of gamer,
> Matrox makes some excellent dual DVI 2D cards. Most modern ATI/Nvidia
> cards ought to work fine as well (although its tougher to find many with
> dual DVI).

I run an Asus TI4200 with dual DVI, and VIVO and all that. Its called the
Video Suite. They also have an FX5600 based card with the same
configuration. For DX8, it slower than the 4200, but its better at DX9
stuff. They might cards based on newer reference architectures ... ive had
mine for about 2 years. I love it.

Runs games well enough, and I have mine hooked up to 2 large dell CRT
monitors.

"Terry Michal" <michaltl@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I just added a second monitor to my Dell Dimension 8250 system, a 1905FP
> 19-inch Flat Panel Monitor. I already had an older 19" 1900FP flat panel
> monitor. Now my system is much slower and I think I need a newer graphics
> card. The graphics card installed is a 64MB DRR GEFORCE4 TI 4200, TVOUT,
> VID Crd. I also have 512 MB memory.
>
> Any suggestions as to what graphics card I should buy?
> Thanks in advance.

If you'll be satisfied with graphics of moderate power but not
state-of-the-art power, the Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600 has what some of
us consider an advantage: Passive cooling; that is, a heat sink without a
fan, so it's silent. It will do DirectX 9 and can handle the modern games,
albeit not at the frame rate of the monster cards. I put one in my Dim 4500
and I'm happy.

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102320